Sat Nav firmware/maps versions

sez

I have tried searching but not found the exact answer so far, so apologies if I should have found it!!!

I just wanted to check that the firmware and maps are up to date on my (new to me) car. I did ask dealer the check but as some other minor things were not sorted, I wanted to check for myself rather than assume it is all up to date. I have checked that if I hold the Setup button down, it does indeed come up with the info.

So I just wondered if someone could kindly let me know what numbers I should be reading in this info to know that it's all up to date.

My main reason for having an element of doubt is that some of the new road layouts in my area, which were completed about 3 years ago are not showing on the Sat Nav.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah

Its a good start that the secret menu works, which suggests newer firmware! There should be a part number beginning 3t0, a 4 digit software version and a 4 digit map version. Report them back and we can confirm with you.

The maps apparently being out of date is not a surprise. New roads can take a while to be reflected.

Adam

Reasonably good news in that you are pretty up to date.  7690 is v8 maps which you might have seen mentioned elsewhere and are fairly recent, although I believe v9 are available and the dealer should probably have given you this version.  The firmware is recent and offers a pretty full range of functionality (similar to this: http://www.my-gti.com/3354/volkswagen-rns-510-firmware-upgrade-to-version-4020-4024-4026-4028).

Regarding the maps though, I have v8 and am pretty content with it.  I am not shelling out for v9.

Adam

• Like 1

Thanks again for prompt reply. I will push dealer for v9 maps as I only got car less than 2 weeks ago and did specifically ask if all up to date. As you say though, it isn't too far out of date, so worst case scenario is I am stuck with v8.

Do you know the number for v9 maps?

Thanks

Sarah

7918 I believe.  Unofficial versions with speed cameras imported are 7920, although unlikely to come from a dealer I'd say.

Actually I've no proof that v9 is available from Skoda.  VW definitely supply it, but whether Skoda do will need someone else to confirm (or in other words no harm in asking, but don't get too arsey!!).

Adam

adamal is quite correct as usual Sarah, but hang on a week or so as v10 maps (8048 for Western Europe) are out imminently and dealers should update to those. My Dec 2011 ('61' plate) Superb Estate came with exactly the same values that you reported but I updated to v9.0 '7918' maps last year about this time. I have not yet updated the firmware and there have been a number of versions/releases of that since 3984, eg. 4004, 4020, 4120, 5218, 5230, 5238, 5269 and now talk of 5270 - I don't know if all those are appropriate for our hardware. Anyway, I'm having a service in the next week or two and upgrades to the Columbus are included in the price (£169) so we'll see what they do and I'll report back.

Thanks for info Chris.

I have already enquired with dealer as I did ask if everything was up to date with the Sat Nav before completing purchase. I have now been informed, that v9 is available at a cost of £195, but v10 will be released early next year.

I will definitely not be paying out for v9, but am disappointed that the car I purchased less than 2 weeks ago did not have the maps updated with v9, after I had asked about this beforehand.

Sarah

Hi, while chasing around for a Skoda Columbus some head unit dealers claim that they deliver Eastern and Western Europe v.10 preloaded on the hdd ... like now, today.

Right or wrong? Beats me ...

Good luck and do not give up on your dealer, he might come around.

Have a nice evening!

Hi Chris

Have you have heard about v10 from the Skoda dealer itself, or just seen more general reference online (which could be VW v10)?

Thanks

Adam

I don't have any inside knowledge, I'm mainly going by the fact that my Superb was built in week 46 ie. 14th Nov 2011 and was delivered on 1st Dec 2011 with the then latest v8.0 maps. So they were at least available in the plant mid Nov, but I can understand that it'll take a week or two to distribute to dealers, etc. I was also able to download and install v9.0 last year about this time and various web searches seem to imply that v10.0 are imminent. Maybe I should go to a showroom and see if they have a newly delivered vehicle with a Columbus and do the old Setup button for 5 seconds routine.  

I did go back to dealer other day to say I was disappointed re maps to not being up to date, particularly when we had previously discussed this (via email). Have not heard anything. Am also still waiting on the missing umbrella from them, which i have been told has been sent. I did email Skoda UK last night on the maps issue, and have had a prompt call before 9am informing me that it has been passed to a Customer Relations Manager and I have been given a case number. Someone will be in contact with me in next 3 days. I will have to wait and see how this progresses.

Sarah

• 4 weeks later...

Having not heard anything I chase Skoda UK a couple of weeks ago. Also mentioned my missing umbrella was still missing. Umbrella arrived by courier two days later. :-). Chased Skoda UK again in the week. Supposedly I was sent an email, which I haven't received, saying the dealer will provide me with v10 maps when it is available in the new year. I am still waiting to see something in writing on this, but if I get v10 I will be very happy!

Thanks again for all the help you guys have provided.

Sarah

If that's the way it pans out its a definite result, so fingers crossed.

Yes, definitely would be a result Adam, so I am also keeping my fingers crossed!