Replacing parking sensors

Finally, its time for me to change faulty OEM parking sensors...now ago I cant remember exactly when it was theme about this.

Can anyone recomened some good and reailbly parking sensors?

Ps. I dont want to install those ugly screens, but I just want to hear BEEEP :D Can this be done?

Tnx for answers....:)

They look good but  are they so much better than other cheaper Chinese ones?

Probably not worth the extra over those for £8 to £14 on ebay.  Why not buy a couple so you have a full set of spares just in case?

Not sure if ebay reliably extends to Serbia, though.

• Like 1

Depends on what you want, the Cobra ones are the flushest I have come across and look OE when fitted.

If you are happier with the cheaper and bulkier sensors then go for it, I had a set fitted to my MKI Octavia and they worked perfectly.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I dont know tnx for recomendation I need to think about. I wont as much OEM as possible, so I will see what can I do.

From you opinion they worth every penny?

Well this may give you a clue as I have fitted them to several cars now:

1st set, cheap Chinese set (front and rear with LCD screen) they were OK but a bit big and clumsy looking IMO

2nd set, the invisible strip that sticks onto the inside of the bumper... don’t bother they constantly gave false beeps!

3rd set, Cobra 

4th set, Cobra

5th set, Cobra

6th set (a front set waiting to be fitted) Cobra.

Yes you can say I’m a Cobra convert and they are worth the extra IMO

• Like 1

Well tnx for link, I will go and try that, if its good for you why it woudnt be good for me?! :D

Just to be sure it look like OEM enough?

All in all and if I woudnt be satisfied I will buy that Cobra thing :)

In this moment my wallet love this kind of ofer :)

Cheers to all of you good people, I hope so one day will go to England....it looks like its good country with very good and helpfull, polite people..:)

The ones I bought fit the existing holes exactly.

They don't look the same as the OEM ones, but it's not enough to worry about and they don't look out of place.

Gaz

Milam buy the ebay ones, you will not regret it. They fit well, are easy enough to install and work as good as the originals. Then cut the wire to the original beeper as I've shown. I only wish I'd fitted them myself sooner thanbuying more VW ones.

Nack

• Like 1

I fitted the "4 Sensor Mini Box Kit" from Amazon on 2 of my cars for about £15, and was more than impressed. Need to get some for the Mrs' new car - and they're available in multiple colours too!

• 4 weeks later...

Need to do this on mine too, only ever beeped first time you put it in reverse after starting the car since I got it. The 2 small black clips coming throug under parcel shelf are the locating pins for the buzzer on my 08 Superb, can see it through gap in parcel shelf with right rear seat folded down, which I think only later cars have.

Where do you buy the Cobra kits from?

Edited by bryan350lc