Amundsen+ satnav update

I have been trying for the past 5 months to get an update for my Amundsen+ sat nav for my Skoda Superb 1st reg 'OCT '12. I know that the maps were at least 1 year out of date when the car was manufactured - now nearly 3 years. After being assured during these 5 months that an update could & would happen I have been told today that there is no update and there never has been an update of the maps for the Amundsen+. The Customer relations manager who I had a frank discussion with was not prepared to ask the IT dept if A) someone was working on or is scheduled to work on the updates OR B) if in fact the Amudsen+ sat nav can be updated at all. I suggested that the problem was with the flash drive not being able to cope with the update swap of data because it's too small. Again he would not ask the IT dept if that was the case. And that if he did ask he would not get an answer (amazing!). I said that the sat nav was not fit for purpose ie it is broken because it can not be updated and like any component that could not be repaired it should be replaced with a sat nav system (like the normal Amundsen or Columbus) that Skoda now use and have regular 6 monthly updates for. He was having none of that. I asked who I should complain to now - the managing director? He said that all complaint mail for the MD comes through him so I can get no further with Skoda and have to take it up with Motor Codes or the like.

Does anyone recognise any of this? 

Can anyone tell me what to do now?

Thanks

Neilmur

Hi and no, I do not recognize this at all. I believe that if you like to pay for it you should be able to use >> THIS >>.

If you go to Nav, then hold Setup button for several seconds until you are able to check versions, at the bottom you'll find the map version. What does it say? I've got a model year 2014 built late 2013 and I have a v4 map. Now looking for an upgrade as cheap as possible to v5 ... Might be that I can convince my local dealer that this should be part of their service to keep my maps up to date ... ;-)

Good luck with yours!

Mine is the same it was out of date on the 5th October 2012 when I picked up the car. The salesman promised me an upgrade but has now left the dealership so no chance now. There was an update listed on the parts computer but listed at £200 is way over priced.

GPS like a Tomtom is far more cost effective.

Thanks for the reply.

Are you sure that you have have the Amundsen+ NB the plus sign there is a non plus version which has got updates. I have 0038 V3. I was assured that updates came free as part of the 3 year warranty and should cost you nothing if it's available. I have tonight found V4 in the accessories brochure for Estonia 

http://www.skoda.ee/SiteCollectionDocuments/Tarvikute%20kataloogid/Superb_accessoriesEN_2013_low.pdf

part No. 3TO 051 255D

Why is that not available in the uk?

I have the plus version (standard in Blackline) and I think it is on the same map version as yours currently if I remember correctly. I checked with the parts guy based on my car hence my comment (I think that was listed as V4).

The price alone puts me off.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone considering putting in an android navi/media system? I'm looking to replace the Amundsen+. I have seen these asian brands like NewsMy (check their Carpad II, however that is not yet available for Superb II I think). But I haven't seen anyone yet who can share any experience with newer android 2 din units.

Hi, I have found a map update for €160 which I have bought and now also installed.

If you decide to go with an Asian Android head unit then you will most likely lose the Maxidot information as well as the information sent from the climate control to the head unit. I don't believe that the rear sensors will work either ...

Sent via Tapatalk ...

This is a very personal view and probably no helpful.

Wham I bought my SE Plus, the Amundsen + was standard. I have never been much of a fan of built in satnav a simply because I don't see any car supplier as truly proficient in managing updates of any software related item and that they regard things like map updates as a cash cow charged according to the motor trade practice (charge what the market will bear + 100%!)

Thus I regards the satnav feature to be something that will gradually degrade. Fir less than the cost of a single update I bought a Garmin with traffic, and Europe wide males and free updates during the lifetime of the satnav. Amazon has loads of them; the simplest having lifetime map updates only is <£100!

I fully agree with you, I wouldn't have had the built in satnav on my order list but it came standard with the car. One update from the dealer will buy you a pretty high level satnav and lifetime map updates. So add the initial cost of the internal one and it's a no brainer.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Out of the blue six weeks ago my local Skoda dealer said that he had an up date for my Amundsen+ on an SD card and had it delivered by hand - no cost! It is the (V4) 3T0051255D all part of the 3 year service so go out there and get yourself one! Skoda do deliver (eventually)

Neilmur

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just got myself a Superb, model year 2014, with the Amundsen Satnav. I was trying to find out how to get newer maps. I was surprised to find that maps were available for free from  www.navigation.com/skoda-en  until I realized that this was only for the new Octavia.

So if I understand correctly, I can see my map version by long pressing the setup button, and to get new maps, I have to purchase them?

Out of the blue six weeks ago my local Skoda dealer said that he had an up date for my Amundsen+ on an SD card and had it delivered by hand - no cost! It is the (V4) 3T0051255D all part of the 3 year service so go out there and get yourself one! Skoda do deliver (eventually)

Hi guys, will be interesting to know how many of you that will actually get a SD card in your hands for free ... At least it didn't work in Sweden, I had to buy mine ...

Hope you all will have better luck!

I got an SD card and upgraded my Amundsen+ in my Superb FL myself. Dealer suggested that I left the ignition on (and a charger on the battery) during the upgrade. It took a couple of hours and the card was useless afterwards.

Went from V4 to V6 (Western Europe I think).

It's correct that this version of the Amundsen cannot use the free upgrade service.

• 4 months later...

I got an SD card and upgraded my Amundsen+ in my Superb FL myself. Dealer suggested that I left the ignition on (and a charger on the battery) during the upgrade. It took a couple of hours and the card was useless afterwards.

Went from V4 to V6 (Western Europe I think).

It's correct that this version of the Amundsen cannot use the free upgrade service.

I am a bit confused with my Amundsen+ but I do know its not included in the Free Upgrade

Not sure how you upgraded your but would appreciate where you can acquire an SD Card

My Superb is a May 2012 Model

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a SD card from Skoda, put it in the unit, turned it on and it asked if I wanted to upgrade the maps. It took quite some time, so I connected a charger to ensure it didn't go low on battery.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,
My recently gotten 2013 (late 2012) Roomster also came with the Amundsen+ navigation.

Things have change in these years infrastructural, so I want to know in detail about possibilities for the upgrade.

From what I read above, the Amundsen+ is to be upgraded through SD card only, so no CD-ROM is of relevance.

It seems the usage of any RNS-310 map update across the VAG brands will work?

It seems Europe West now is at V8 (version 8).

Can anyone confirm that maps are universal for Amundsen and Amundsen ?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...