Tilting sunroof question

SamNotSpam

Just picked up my new 2.0 TDi 110 SE Outdoor last week, I seem to remember from playing with all the shiny new buttons that the roof had more than one tilt setting, is that right? Because today it only has one :( unless it's the heat addling my brain cell.

Any advice please, have I killed it already?

Just picked up my new 2.0 TDi 110 SE Outdoor last week, I seem to remember from playing with all the shiny new buttons that the roof had more than one tilt setting, is that right? Because today it only has one :( unless it's the heat addling my brain cell.

Any advice please, have I killed it already?

There is only one tilt setting, several for the open sunroof, i'm afraid.

so there is a simple way to close it from just the tilt setting?

on mine I push to tilt but I have to either turn the dial to open it then close it immediately or I hit the lock button (between the seats).

reckon I'm doing something wrong.

You could just hold the lock button next to the handbrake for more than 2 seconds yes... BUT that will also start moving the internal blind forward for as long as you hold it. Which doesn't happen when you just use the outer ring to tilt the roof up and down.

But I agree it does not tilt up enough. It's enough to let warm air out when parked and that's the main reason for the tilt function.

And I trust you all know this trick:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/196435-the-sunroof-trick/

• Like 1

I managed to get my roof to tilt less,by holding the tilt knob up in the tilt direction and then letting go just as the roof starts to tilt.

( It took a few tries to achieve.)

I did this to see if it was quieter driving along with the roof tilted less.....It isn't.

I managed to get my roof to tilt less,by holding the tilt knob up in the tilt direction and then letting go just as the roof starts to tilt.

( It took a few tries to achieve.)

I did this to see if it was quieter driving along with the roof tilted less.....It isn't.

Yes, I tried that but with little success. Also not easy when driving.

Yes, I tried that but with little success. Also not easy when driving.

I was bored,sitting in the yeti playing with various things,while my wife was doing some retail therapy. :giggle: