Noisy on initial start up

Hiya

We have a petrol vrs which has been remapped by a previous owner. The only other mod is a boost gauge. We've had it about 6 months of which 5 I've been away from home so trying to get a diagnosis and/or history from the wife is like platting snot.

What I have noticed in the last few weeks is that on start up, the engine is quite noisy (I'm unable to pin point where from exactly) but it's sounds like induction and only lasts 60-90 seconds until settling down, or maybe a bit sooner if you give it some revs. It's quite noticeable but once it's settled it's sounds ok.

Any ideas?

That sounds like the Secondary air injection pump has gone faulty or one of its pipes has cracked. Fear not though as the whole thing can be ripped out without affecting the functionality of the car at all. IIRC once its all removed you need to add a resistor to the connector plug so the car thinks its still there. The pump only runs for a short period of time after startup and is there to help the catalytic convertor.

Did it this afternoon.

Word of warning. You need to be a contortionist. Took me longer to get it out/in than it did to fit the bloody bolts.

I found that when I did mine, initially I just replaced the three lower rivets which are readily visible and acessible without having to remove the pump, seems to work for me.

Mate of mine also just removed the air pipes/electrical connector and the bolts and then just span it around in its bracket.