Bluetooth Mk2 FL (Yes i know...)

Sorry guys,

I can see its been asked here quite a bit bit i'm still none the wiser.

I'm the new owner of an Octavia MK2 VRS FL

• I have Maxi Dot..
  • I don't have MSFW.
  • I have Columbus running the latest firmware.
  • I don't have any existing Bluetooth module.

I would like to make/receive calls and stream music from my iPhone5 to bluetooth (may move to android phones in future though).

I'd also like to install the unit behind the radio or next to the glove box, not under the driver seat if possible (but can do if absolutely necessary).

Looking on carsystems.pl but too much choice - which one do I need?

1. http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-kit-7p6035730m-retrofit-newest-version,id884.html
  2. http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-kit-7p6035730k-retrofit-newest-version,id600.html
  3. http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-kit-3c8035730c-retrofit,id601.html

Thanks

Ash

Any of those will do it. Personally I would buy just the loom and mic from carsystems and look for module 3C8035730D on ebay for about £100. Wont give you much over the other units if you stick to iphones but will allow premium services with Samsungs etc.

What ia extra with the later 3C8 modules is they allow you to connect your phone for calls but a separate phone as a media player. I view this as quite an advantage.

Adam

No issues as far as I am aware. Just make sure it has a suffix letter preferably D. Without a suffix, it is an older unit that won't work with iPhones and limited functionality.

no need to get a mic loom if ur car with the columbus from the factory.

u can utilize the existing mic (used for voice-control) to work.  it sits behind the overhead front reading lights.

when i retro-fitted the 9wz to mine, i configured it to use the columbus's mic, and coded it accordingly.

less work ;)

• Like 1

no need to get a mic loom if ur car with the columbus from the factory.

u can utilize the existing mic (used for voice-control) to work.  it sits behind the overhead front reading lights.

when i retro-fitted the 9wz to mine, i configured it to use the columbus's mic, and coded it accordingly.

less work ;)

Good to know!! Although im not sure if I have voice control on my columbus, press the buttong next to eject doesnt come up with any voice recognition commands like the videos on youtube, could have been retrofitted out of factory i suppose, I can see some mesh behind the map lights where a mic could go though.

If it is like mine, it had no mic fitted as standard and voice control on the Columbus until I retrofitted (and updgraded the firmware, which was only relevant as it was such an old unit).

The D unit supports wifi hotspot but that is a bit of a gimic really. That's not supported by a B.

D also allows text readout and the connection of another phone as a media player. These are more advantageous and may be present with a B but I'm not sure sorry. Others might be able to confirm?

Adam