Kufatec Fiscon Removal

Hi,

I had a Kufatec Fiscon unit retrofitted to my 2011 VRS as, at the time of order.  I couldn't get Bluetooth as an option, something to do with not having a multi-function steering wheel on the TFSI if I recall.

Anyway, the vehicle is due to be swapped out fairly soon and I was thinking of removing the unit and selling it on as -

a. It was useful for me

b. It cost me over £400 and it would be nice to get a bit of £££ back :happy:

So my question is, how easy is it to remove the unit or should I get it done professionally?  If I do it myself, does it need any reconfiguration via VAGCOM?

Also, If I get a car electronics place to do this, can anyone recommend somewhere?  It was fitted by a company in Loughborough but it looks like they may no longer be trading.  I am near Burton on Trent but anywhere around Burton/Derby would be useful to know.

Thanks all :thumbup:

Edited by MaxiDonk

I've just done a quick search on Ebay and your kit would appear to consist of a loom, microphone and BT box so you should easily be able to remove all this yourself.

The BT box may well be behind the glovebox though (due to limited space), so do a search as to how that comes apart.