Columbus Bluetooth

Hi All,

I collected my 1 year old (63 plate) Superb Elegance yesterday and am really pleased with it. I have been trying to connect mobile phones to the Columbus system today without success.

I have seen some information in previous posts but am still a bit confused and would be really grateful if someone with knowledge of these things could help me as the manual is a bit unclear.

I have looked under the drivers seat and there is a unit under there marked "Novero Model HT-5"

When I try to pair the phone with the unit, neither the phone or the Columbus are able to find each other.

I have a Sony Experia M2 and my girlfriend has a HTC Desire C, both are Android phones, and I have tried both with no success.

Is this Novero unit under the seat the bluetooth module I have seen mentioned in the forum? or do I have to change it for a different unit?

Is there anything else I am doing wrong or is there any other advice?

Thank you

Matt

I made the mistake of not making my phone "visible" to other devices... 

Also, are there any handsets stored in the system? I think it can only store 3, if there are any you done't need delete them... I had this when I tried my Samsung in the demonstrator... 

I made the mistake of not making my phone "visible" to other devices... 

Also, are there any handsets stored in the system? I think it can only store 3, if there are any you done't need delete them... I had this when I tried my Samsung in the demonstrator... 

Thank you for the advice,

I had made the phones "visible" and successfully paired them with each other, so I am fairly sure I am doing the phone bit right!

When I pressed the "phone" button on the Columbus, there were no phones listed and it stated there was no phone connected and asked if I wanted to make an emergency call.

The only option available under "settings"  and then "phone" was to perform a factory reset, which I did but it didn't seem to improve the situation!

Matt

The car's Bluetooth only stays visible for a minute or two after turning on the ignition. So after making sure the phone is visible turn on the car and immediately go to the phone page on the maxidot and search for phones.

Then you should get the passcode on the maxidot which you put into the phone to pair.

Thank you for the help,

It was, as I expected, operator error causing the problem!

I was looking at the touch screen and trying to do it through there, I hadn't thought of using the steering wheel controls to do it on the maxi dot display!

Problem solved now. 

:-)