• 9 months later...

When I did my blue custom lit one I used paper but it has faded now

I am sure GAWEESH will appreciate your confession not related to his question.

@GAWEESH

Photoshop is good for bitmap files. You get maximum printing resolution using a vectorial graphic file.

Edited by RicardoM

Colin, I was expecting this reaction. Not from you, because it is very strange the general manager of this forum felt the need to reply to a such petty matter. But here is what I know:

On any forum, if somebody posts right after another reply, that means he is addressing that reply.

On any forum, if one addresses a reply sbove the last one, he has to quote that part.

On any forum, if one replies to a 10 months old post(!), the admin reminds him that his reply iz obsolete and invites him to check a calendar.

On any forum, ignoring a help request to address a long dead subject, it is considered not polite, especially towards a newcomer.

On any forum, the above are ABC rules.

So I am asking you this: on this forum, do the above rules apply? And more importantly, is this forum having double standards and some forum members have special privileges ? Because I would love to have too a short line open with you when somebody bothers me. Of course I wouldn't dare asking for your prrsonal protection if I am the one guilty of not respecting basic posting rules. At least my replies are meaningful, time-aware, and comprehensible...

Edited by RicardoM

• Administrators

:coffee: I only said to check your reply, didn't issue a rule breaking edict... :chill:

I'll reply to & action anything, I'm happy to read and action reports or content as I find it. I don't sit in a glass box and get on the tannoy. *shiver*

Those rules you've listed I don't recognise them from any forum I've ever used. So to answer, NO they do not apply.  Some sites I read don't even allow quotes ;)

Old posts here are left open in my mind, as cars are typically something that last a long time, topics on a very specific aspect might be relevant today as in 2 or 10 years from now. Starting a whole new thread because the day is different bleeds knowledge.  

Thread resurrection is ok if it's relevant, bumping a 5 year old for sale thread might be a bit daft, but it's not a *rule* breaker, ain't got time for that. Sometimes a question goes unanswered, it happens. Sometimes the question gets answered via PM, or the poster discovers the answer in another thread, but forgets to update... so many possible combinations. An unanswered question should be answered, all i's dotted and t's crossed... it's a grand idea.

Yes moderators and volunteers have way more leeway. They are donating their time to service many and take a fair bit of rough air for it. I'm open and fair about it all.

The right course for action is to report a topic, if it's been reported it will be actioned, we save all reports and can look back for a pattern. It might not be discussed openly. Next generation of site will inform reporter of outcome, not presently done, purely on terms of time for the volunteer moderators.

So to summarize, there are many forums, with many different ways of operating, we our way, they have theirs. But on the whole, our friendly community is based on ease of use and not  ##rule checks before posting. To quote a pirate film, rules, well they be more like guidelines. Stay within them, you won't even know they are there.  :thumbup:

Anyway a thread isn't the place to do this, so back to topic.

Edited by ColinD
refactored reply

Thank you Colin for clearing things up. It is good to know there are no sacred cows among regular British members based on prior sympathies. I had no problem when Gaweesh, a new registered member from Egypt, resurrected an old topic. I will continue to be polite and helpful towards foreign members by giving them meaningful answers. I feel satisfied when I solve a topic or contribue to. I do this almost daily despite my Internet provider trying to restrict me connecting to some foreign websites. But that is another story.

• Like 1

• Administrators

There are no sacred cows among any member groups, regular or... 

Whilst 70% of site traffic is UK, the rest is not, it's almost every country; distinct lack of interest from greenland. Our bones n blood are all the same colour, so I don't see any border/geographical lines mattering for toffee in discussing a car part.

There is no difference or sympathies contra, if we've seen a post or two, we can evaluate, it might be wrong but it's all we typically have to go on :sun:  Keep on posting, I'll keep on reading and nudging and breaking things. Lookup a SSH Proxy or VPN service, former will run you about $12 a year out of Canada ;)

The vinyl sheets used by printing companies to make signs and graphics are what you need. Available in many colors and thicknesses. Most have adhesive on one side for easy application. check this site for an overview

http://www.signwarehouse.com/blog/a-basic-guide-to-vinyl-signs-graphics/

- JAMES

There is no need for an adhesive sheet and the guages are "peg fixed" instead of stuck on. Also, using adhesive sheets or plastic sheets in laser printers and be catastrophic if they are not designed for laser printers, as the hea from the fuser can melt the plastic and wrap it wround the fuser, or melt the adhesive and help the label wrap around the fuser, rendering the printer useless with a not cheap fix.

It is possible to use an inkjet printer to get high-quality results by using a good printer in photo mode, with photo paper. ;)

It is possible to use an inkjet printer to get high-quality results by using a good printer in photo mode, with photo paper. ;)

Of course it is possible. Everything is possible. Except there is no ink for inkjets proven to be UV resistant for a longer period. The colors will fade from sun rays. Even your friend found that to be true.