Front lighter socket failure

Vaison

Hello.... I'm new to the site and a relatively new Yeti owner. As a technical dunderhead, I'm looking for a  bit of advice please: The front lighter socket has ceased functioning and I don't know my way around the dash fuse-board well enough to start removing fuses to check... The car is only 6 months old so I can take it back to the dealer but I thought I'd call on the wisdom of... (not sure of the collective noun for Yeti's....)

As said, looks like a fuse problem, but more to fact why fuse blew in the first place.?

Assume rightly/wrongly you plugged something into lighter when it blew fuse.?

Someone will surely be along soon to tell you what fuse and where to look ..

Good luck.

The fuse numbers are on page 207 in my manual, and from a quick look it looks like fuse 30 is for the lighter.

Not sure if the Yeti is the same, but in my previous Octavia if the switch on the drivers door that prevents the rear windows operating for when say a child is in the rear, then the power to the lighter socket was disabled as well.

I have been using the socket for an ipod classic aux connector/charger for around a month and then I noticed it was no longer charging the ipod...  (It has worked perfectly well in other cars). At first I thought it might be the connector device but nothing else works through the socket now. I had a look at fuse 30 and it does not appear to have blown. Having said that I'm not convinced I checked the right fuse...

My manual states that fuse 30 is for the "front and rear lighter". Does the rear socket work?

Thanks Weasley; I saw that in the manual too and yes, the rear socket works.

Hi Yeti owner, was amazed to find after searching Book regarding fuze locations, to find that I had ,

a location inside my front door well, it solved my problem after replacing Fuze.

Geoff

Hello..... (not sure of the collective noun for Yeti's....)

Hello to you, too :hi: .  It's a 'flurry' of Yetis.  Search the word - it's all there!

PS Surprise!  Noticed that this is shown as my two thousandth post.  Doesn't time pass quickly when you're having fun!

The fuse for the socket in the boot is 26. Fuse 30 says front and rear lighter, I suppose some markets get a lighter for rear passengers,

Quite right... well spotted.

So, my job involves a lot of technical training (I mean as a trainer). I state this as context to why I felt compelled to go out to my car, in my pyjamas, in the rain, to get these pictures by way of assistance. I can't help trying to explain stuff.

Anyway, looking at these pictures, the fuse you want is fuse 30, which in my fuse box is the yellow 20A fuse in the location eighth up from the bottom, on the right hand column (just above the green 30A fuse). In the lid of the fuse box there is a pair of tweezers for easy fuse removal. Note that your fuse box may have different fuses in it (either more or less... for example I have fuses in locations 14, 8, 3 and 2 which relate to towing, which you may not have). That said, fundamental ones (like number 30) should be common to all models.

post-76950-0-06299600-1416740692_thumb.jpg

post-76950-0-59530200-1416740712_thumb.jpg

Edited by weasley

The problem is solv-ed (as Inspector Clouseau might have said)... Thanks to all for the various ideas and especially to Weasley for setting me right; it was the fuse (I just didn't know which one). Fuse now replaced and spare standing by until I find out which of the two gadgets caused the problem... It was either the ipod charger/aux connector, or the multi-usb connector (my money is on the latter but we'll see).

Thanks again and thanks for the welcome  :nerd:

Weasley, with you being technical I would have thought that the fuses would all be the correct way up in your fuse box :)

GAAAAGGH!! I hadn't even considered that!