ipod touch pairing

Vaison

It will almost certainly depend upon which BT module you have fitted as to whether it will work or not.

Oh dear; I should have mentioned that while I like gadgets I have absolutely no idea how anything works. Can I ask what a 'BT module' is please? I use my iphone 4 to connect via bluetooth if that is of any consequence...

The BT (bluetooth) module is / should be under the drivers seat. You might need to remove a plastic or carpet cover to get to it.

Get the part number off that and that will help.

If you have an Amundsen+ head unit / stereo then the BT might be built in to that.

If your iPhone works then I'm going to guess that an iPod will also work as Apple tend to use HFP (Hands Free Protocol) as the means of communicating via BT.

As the iPhone works, the iPod should also work. I did say should as I've never tried it.

Currently my iPhone/BT module won't do BT streaming so it's not a given that one leads to the other.

Before I start writing my Christmas list, does anyone have any experience of using an ipod touch paired with the stereo via bluetooth?

I use my ipod nano in my FL 2014 Yeti SE with the standard fit radio and it works fine. Infact I do not bother with the CD facility.

To  "find" the ipod you use the Maxidot controls on rhs of the steering wheel:-

Phone - Bluetooth - Media Player - Search.

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

You won't be able to have your iPod and iPhone connected at the same time, if you want to use the Hands free phone you will be better off putting your music onto the phone.

I am confused. On long journeys we have my ipod and my wifes smart phone both paired at the same time.

Colin

Oh dear; I should have mentioned that while I like gadgets I have absolutely no idea how anything works. Can I ask what a 'BT module' is please? I use my iphone 4 to connect via bluetooth if that is of any consequence...

Like you I'm out of my depth when it comes to what goes on in the ether.

I fiddled with my nano and found the BT setting, selected it and low and behold it showed Skoda BT and then, having selected it my Bolero played the music when I touched the BT Audio 'box'.

If, like me, you missed the 'e' or 'I' boat good luck with your fiddling.

(Ps my old Samsung phone wouldn't connect to Yeti until I googled the problem and found out you could fix it only by installing the app 'Blue-dun' on the phone.......how was I supposed to know that?.......at least it worked.....price you pay for not going apple I guess)

My standard elegance lets me bluetooth 2 units at the same time, I phone 4S for calls and I pod for music I use the standard cables to plug into a double usb charger in the cigarette lighter , just remember not to configure the phone for music in the settings. Good luck

I am confused. On long journeys we have my ipod and my wifes smart phone both paired at the same time.

Colin

Paired - yes

Active - no.

The Skoda BT module can only work with one device at a time.

If you want to use 2 devices one needs to be connected via USB, MDI or the jack connector.

No, you can pair a phone and a separate media device such as an ipod or an ipad. Go to the phone bluetooth settings menu, scroll down and you'll see the media pairing option. I have paired a choice of media devices which appear on a list inluding the phone ( if it has music on it), the ipod and my ipad - I just have to choose which one. The phone pairing ( to use the telephone options) stays separate.

All in the manual.

You won't be able to have your iPod and iPhone connected at the same time, if you want to use the Hands free phone you will be better off putting your music onto the phone.

It does sound logical but my iPhone is 8gb and the iPod is 120gb of which there's around 70gb used... Hence the questions about the iPod touch connectivity...

Vaison that is the exact set up I have, both work together I.e. My music is playing through my iPod, if my phone rings the music mutes and I answer the call hands free, when I hang up the music returns. I do NOT have a mdi unit, both are using bluetooth hope this helps

Vaison that is the exact set up I have, both work together I.e. My music is playing through my iPod, if my phone rings the music mutes and I answer the call hands free, when I hang up the music returns. I do NOT have a mdi unit, both are using bluetooth hope this helps

Thank you 'S76' that gives the confidence I was looking for! Thanks also to everyone else for the interesting discussion and technical insight  :nerd:

It does sound logical but my iPhone is 8gb and the iPod is 120gb of which there's around 70gb used... Hence the questions about the iPod touch connectivity...

If your ipod is 120gb it must be a classic and is not bluetooth. Don't you need a feed lead from this that you plug into the radio as an aux/auxilliary in.

Colin

If your ipod is 120gb it must be a classic and is not bluetooth. Don't you need a feed lead from this that you plug into the radio as an aux/auxilliary in.

Colin

I do have an iPod Classic but I am asking Father Christmas to bring me an iPod touch... I can live in hope...

I replaced my 160gb classic with a 16gb nano. The classic had about 250 albums on it and used only 20+ % of capacity. My nano is running near full at over 100 albums, and I find this is  easily enough. If you just want something for music this is possibly a better option. I bought mine early summer when on offer at Waitrose. It had been reduced from an allready good £99 to £79.

Colin

Sorry fashion I forgot to add, mine is an iPod touch 5 gen, all works really well and I am very happy with the set up and sound quality, so far it has new dropped or missed a beat, cheers p.s. If you do have problems let me know as we are no so far apart and would be more than happy to help out

Sorry fashion I forgot to add, mine is an iPod touch 5 gen, all works really well and I am very happy with the set up and sound quality, so far it has new dropped or missed a beat, cheers p.s. If you do have problems let me know as we are no so far apart and would be more than happy to help out

Thanks again; that's very reassuring. I can put it on my Christmas list and see what s happen  :dull: