57 plate Octavia II Elegance trim with Climate Control - Heater Flaps?

Good evening

The CC appears to be working reasonably well overall, and everything seems OK except that no hot air is being blown into the footwells when the appropriate button is pushed and lights up. 

I think it is probably something wrong with the flap controls/motors, but, lacking VCDS (lost my cable :sweat: !)  I only have a basic code-reader for diagnostics, can anyone:

- give some fault-finding tips?

- tell me how to find/get to the flaps and motors ?

- give me some idea as to what can/cannot be changed, and how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

John

You can do a calibration of the flaps without VCDS.

Turn the ignition on (don't start the car).

Hold down the "Econ" button along with the bottom left air flow button (the person with the arrow pointing to the body).

The displays will go weird and you should gear the motors and flaps moving.

Phil

Phil

Many thanks

I will try to remember that - but the actual solution turned out to be laughably simple!

After driving to work this morning I thought to check if hot air was coming into the passenger's footwell - it was!

Then I checked the driver's footwell and found that it was not - and the cause was that the sound-deadening on that side has slipped down behind the removable trim panel and was blocking the vents - moving it up  a little restored some flow and I will fix the problem properly over the weekend :D !

John

Edited by jeallen01