Correct Bluetooth module for Bolero?

Hi all

Just taken delivery of a 2010-model Octavia Scout, very happy with it but considering some upgrades to the radio.

Firstly, I don't think it has the Bluetooth module fitted to the Bolero radio (can't find an obvious box under the drivers' seat) and I'm wondering whether to fit one.  Assuming it's not too expensive to do, I'd like to be able to make use of the Phone function on the HU as well as streaming music from my phone.

Is it easy to retrofit an OEM unit to the car, and are these the best option?  If so, what's the part number?

Is there a microphone pre-installed in the car, or does this also need to be fitted?

Also considering adding DAB functionality at some point, does anyone have experience with AutoDAB?  Or are there any BT&DAB combined units out there?

Cheers

It is an easy DIY install - i did it myself in about 2-3 hrs (including a rain break). Re the part number of the unit, I'm not qualified. I talked to http://www.carsystems.pl, told them the car and they told me the unit.

Mine is a vRS, similar age to you and I had a 5K0035730 rev b. It came (from car systems) with everything you need including a mic to install in the interior light unit.

I ran the wires behind the glove box and put the box under the passenger seat. mic up the a pillar (trim off) and pushed under headlining.

You do need to code the car to make the unit appear on the maxidot

DAB, no idea sorry

• Like 1

It depends what you want it to do too.

The main features are:

rSAP (remote sim access protocol- required for reading texts etc but not supported by all phones)

HFP (handsfree protocol- support by pretty much all phones and required for iPhones)

Music streaming (self explanatory)

wifi hotspot (needs rSAP where it uses your phones data connection create a wifi hotspot in the car)

Then there's modules that integrate into maxidot solely or controlled by the stereo or both.

Some modules support all the above features. They are normally about £100-£150 on ebay and called the "premium module". They need maxidot to work though I believe.

To make installation easier the module can be installed behind the glovebox or climate control.

Phil

• Like 2