Drivers door. C/L,E/W and Led not working

Hi Everyone I have owned my skoda octavia estate for 4 years now and up until xmas last year all was good,but the central locking stopped working on drivers door with remote,also the Led doesnt light up and if the mirror switch is turned to adjust the drivers mirror the passenger mirror moves. I would of had a go at it sooner but im still recovering from a Heart attack i had last year. Any ideas or guidance welcomed.
ATB
Darren

Usually the driver door wiring loom is at fault. I had exactly the same problem with my Octavia Estate. One of the pins corrodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, either broken/fatigued wires or water ingress into multiplug has screwed some pins. Lots of stuff around on this and it usually comes back to the pins. Check wiring through door pillars too, may look ok but the inner cable could be fractured.

Did a bit of looking around on here and found several old posts on the problem,would like to thank Darrylg for a great post on it.spent a couple of hours outside earlier and found 2 pins had broken off in the connector box (adjoined to the window motor regulator unit). I tried to remodel them with solder but it didnt work so I soldered a wire to what was left of the pins and drilled out the corresponding hole in the  female block unit,soldered the wires together and wrapped firstly with insulation tape and then with some self amalgamating tape. Works perfectly now.

Just the passenger side electric window to fix now as 1 of the cables snapped and the window is jammed up with a bit of wood.
Is this a big job ?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

passenger side window mechanism not too bad a job to do - took me about an hour to replace mine including about 30-40 minutes to get the door card off. use some masking tape to hold the glass up out of the way when you are putting the new mechanism in and make sure that you get the door opening cable in correctly before fastening the card back on as it's easy for it to slide out of the clip without you noticing  :notme: