Skoda superb I 2.5 TDI V6 gerbox problem with fault codes

Dear All,

The superb was running fine for the last 10,000 kilometres without any problem.

I have stopped the car recently for filling fuel. After refuelling, when i started the car, noticed a small jerk when i engaged the gear from parking to drive mode.

After few minutes of driving, an error symbol flashed in the bottom of display with all the gear numbers lit, and car moved in to emergency mode. I have managed to reach home driving slowly.

I have restarted again next day to take the vehicle to service center, and no error mode noticed for first 30 kilometres, but the same gear error flashed after 32 kilometres and i have reached the service center in emergency mode.

The service center suspected transmission fluid loss, and hence replaced the transmission fluid and taken the vehicle for test drive, and again after 30 kilometres same error started flashing during test drive.

The error codes in VCD are

17117 35 P0733 Gear 3 Incorrect ratio (lost 23 intermittent)

17117 35 P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect ratio (lost 23 static)

Since the vehicle was running fine for the first 30 kilometres, I expect that there may not be any major mechanical failure in gearbox, and it seems like some sensor not sending the correct feedback for gear change resulting in vehicle reaching emergency mode.  keeping my fingers crossed!!

If any one of you faced this problem, and rectified the same, please help me!!

• Like 1

Please read the subject as 'Skoda superb I 2.5 TDI V6 gearbox problem with fault codes', my sincere apologies for the spelling error ( gear=ger)

well ...im on the same boat as you my friend !! ...i am facing the same situation at the moment...but hasn't been able to rectify it till now !! gulp ...i hope you get yours sorted out soon ....do tell us if you were able to get it done ... all the best

• 1 month later...

Resolved - Just thought of updating this thread after driving the Superb for some time post service.

The gear box found to be defective and replaced.  These gear boxes are not opened (or) serviced in India.  Hence a new gear box has been fitted along with replacement of intercooler / radiator assembly.

After spending a lot, the car is performing well for the last 250 kilometers after service. The car is running like a brand new one....

The skoda service center at Bangalore, and Skoda India responded well to all my queries and resolved the issue with the best of their effort!

Cheers..

• 2 weeks later...

Resolved - Just thought of updating this thread after driving the Superb for some time post service.

The gear box found to be defective and replaced.  These gear boxes are not opened (or) serviced in India.  Hence a new gear box has been fitted along with replacement of intercooler / radiator assembly.

how much did it cost u to get ur gearbox replaced ? i fear i may have to get mine replaced aswell. :(

i have the same jerking when i put my gear from N to D. absolutely no power...limping all the way. :(

the service centre in my area is very pathethic and coming all the way to banglore in this condition of my car is not possible also. :(