Climatronic not cool enough/AC fine

Somehow I'm getting a feeling that my climatronic device is not blowing cool enough air. Even if I set it on 16 degrees it's not cool enough even in the warm day. However when I put it on AC then I get really cold air. Seems like it's capable of doing it and the problem is somewhere else.

My guess is that maybe some temperature sensor is dead or has been covered with dust or so and it can't get the right temperature from the inside of the car? Any ideas?

By the way some time ago there were some weird sounds occasionally but I don't remember anything like that lately.

Sorry, my bad. It is 18 (it was 16 for another older Skoda).

Well, I start feeling like a fool right now :) Somehow I used to think that AC is for cool air only but switching it off allowed me to keep the decided temperature. I really don't understand how did I manage to cope with that climatronic thing until right now but probably it was some kind of luck.

Thank you guys for help! At least now I won't think about visiting a garage.

You can even have the air conditioning switched on when the climatronic system is supplying warm air in the winter. It then reduces the air humidity, and is a great way of clearing the condensation on the windows.

You can even have the air conditioning switched on when the climatronic system is supplying warm air in the winter. It then reduces the air humidity, and is a great way of clearing the condensation on the windows.

A great feature of Climatronic (and even 'basic' A/C) of which an amazing number of drivers seem ignorant and then drive around with misted up windows!

Last winter when I was giving a friend of my wife a lift she said, "I wish my car cleared its windows as fast as yours". She didn't believe me when I suggested that she should use the A/C - "But that will make me cold"! A week later she thanked me for the tip.

Eh?! How do you get cold and hot on at the same time??

Air conditioning has nothing to do with temperature - yes it means that at the coldest setting it'll blow cold air, you can (and should) still use it with hot air as it.... Conditions it

First the air is chilled to remove the moisture, then it passes through the heater to give you your requested higher temperature.

A great feature of Climatronic (and even 'basic' A/C) of which an amazing number of drivers seem ignorant and then drive around with misted up windows!

If the air humidity is way to high then it's ok but too dry air ain't good at all. Eyes get tired sooner in the dry air and especially you feel that after a long day at work or so.

If the air humidity is way too high then it's ok but too dry air ain't good at all. Eyes get tired sooner in the dry air and especially you feel that after a long day at work or so.

I am sure that they have designed the system for a comfortable environment inside the cabin, including the humidity level. In the many years I have used the climatronic system in a variety of VAG cars, I have never had a problem with "dry eye" syndrome.

Tests described on another forum show the humidity is reduced to 33% when demisting the windows at 61° F but I believe this a temporary reduction.

For comfort in a house, the recommended level of humidity is 30% to 60%.

What's good for you that might be bad for me :)

Anyway I have no problems with that dry air except situations when after a hard week I have to drive for some hours. Then in the end I feel that humidity could be higher.