Boot Opening - Fuse Blowing

Hi All,

I currently have an issue with my 2001 elegance estate where it's blowing a fuse every time I open the boot. The central locking mechanism for the boot was also intermittent leading up to this. 

This is the convince control fuse that knocks out central locking, electric windows, interior lights etc. If the boot is closed and the fuse is replaced everything operates as normal until the boot is opened again. 

I just wanted to get a few pointers before I start pulling things apart. It is likely to be an issue with the boot microswitch or somewhere in the wiring loom for the boot lights? 

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm sure you will be able to point me to some similar issues but I'm struggling to know how to pin down the fault. 

Sam

I would check the wiring where it goes from body to boot, in the plastic or rubber tube and a few inches each side where there could be sharp edges.

Could be a broken wire that has moved such that it is going to ground when the wiring is flexed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I have finally found time to investigate. I have taken out the CD changer to find that the washer pipe was almost disconnected and leaking water.  I ran out of daylight so will take a detailed look at the wiring tonight but I'm sure this is where the issue is. 

Sam