REAR N/S DOOR LOCKED

Hi all,

Daughter's 04 plate VRS has a problem, the rear n/s door will not unlock.

Tried unlocking with the fob several times, lock, unlock, then unlock, unlock, to no avail.

This has the rear door lock buttons, but lifting the button will still not allow the door to be opened, inside or outside?

Any pointers?

Paul S.

try repeatedly pressing the unlock button on the drivers door whilst someone simultaneously thumps the rear door below the handle with one hand and tries to pull the handle with their other hand.

Probably time to replace the door lock mech.

try repeatedly pressing the unlock button on the drivers door whilst someone simultaneously thumps the rear door below the handle with one hand and tries to pull the handle with their other hand.

Probably time to replace the door lock mech.

Sounds like ritual magic, does it have to be a full moon as well?

• Like 1

Sounds like ritual magic, does it have to be a full moon as well?

as long as the moon is waning IIRC.

All I know is that that's what the tester at an Indy VAG place did with mine back in January and it worked. I was pressing the door unlock button and he was trying the door :)

Thanks all,

Just tried wiring 'fiddle' then got daughter to operate the door switches whilst giving the door a thump, DOOR OPEN!

With past experience of TD5 Land Rover Discovery electric door locks (all 4 doors eventually), I would say that the lock actuator itself will need replacing.............

Paul S.

• Like 1