when is a Skoda A BASE MODEL OR MORE ?

Hi every one id like to share a Storie with you over my Skoda 4x4 est

So here goes ill try not to bore you all

ok i brought a 06 Skoda 4x4 est  and its a smashing car i only payed 1250 for it and it drives a dream 150 thousand on the clock no service hist so ive had to make shore all is well under the bonnet

So first thing was do the delt and water pump as had no idear when it was done sorted that turns out nothing wrong with old parts at all but i couldent risk it

I phoned Skoda main Dealers one day in the off chance they had details re my car but nothing best i got was it was a ambulance from new then a girl owned it for 2 years then was mine and ways i wanted to know what stuff i nshuld have on my car i.e auto light  climate control ect ect  when i ask this i was told you have a base  model it dont have all that stuff !!

So a argument then enshued  me saying but i got auto  wiper zenon light  air con seperat climate control ect ect

they said no you have this reg is a base car ???

and they insist thats what it is

so i have auto wipers front and rear, seperate climate control, split rear seats, auto  driveing mirror,  it dips if im gona get  blinded  by others lights 4x elec windows ,heated  mirrors, traction control , i think thats it

Now heres the thing i just fitted that exstra wire for auto head lights for my base  model lol and no codeing i just tryed it and it works perfect ??

So this car is crazy its like top of the range basic car if you can get your head reound that i cant

So any one eles had the same thing with there car supposed to be one thing and is another ??

hope i dint bore you all

Anthoney

It will depend what people have retrofitted since it left the factory. I've added plenty to mine, including options that weren't possible from Skoda.

For a few pounds you can use your VIN on this site https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz and get a list of PR codes for your vehicle. This will tell you what it left the factory with :)

• Like 1

The 4x4 was fairly well specified as standard anyway.

Dual zone climate with jumbo box, 4x electric windows, auto-dimming rear view mirror, auto wipers and headlight wash were all standard

Edited by softscoop
  • Like 1

The 4x4 was fairly well specified as standard anyway.

Dual zone climate with jumbo box, 4x electric windows, auto-dimming rear view mirror, auto wipers and headlight wash were all standard

you beat me to it...   if it is a MkII 4x4 they were a good spec (see attached)...

methinks the person you were talking to has his info wrong...

new_octavia_quickv1.pdf

Edited by skomaz

you beat me to it...   if it is a MkII 4x4 they were a good spec (see attached)...

methinks the person you were talking to has his info wrong...

Ah thank you guys its nice haveing member who know what they talking about it helps a lot  it was a Skoda sales REP that kept saying its a base model and i told him what i had he said no its not !

But as many of you said the 4x4 mrk2 has a lota stuff  all ready in it and i do have it all lol .  so thats that sorted i ges thank you all that replyed

thanks Guys all the best anthoney