Engine warning light ECM/PCM Processor

HI

Ive got a y reg fabia 1.4 mpi 8v and my engine warning lights been on for a while, i have used a code reader and it has came up with P0606 ECM/PCM Processor.

Now i know this isnt my brake light switch as they all still work, can anyone please tell me what the problem is and how i can fix it wityhout taking it to derek slack my local rip off skoda dealer.

Replace the engine control module.

16990/P0606/001542 - Ross-Tech Wiki

It is possible to replace it with a used one of the same part number, however you will need the immobiliser codes for your car and the the donor car and VCDS (VAG Com) or dealer diagnostic equipment to do this. A dealer cannot get codes so will probably have to replace with a new unit and their machine will match it up electronically without them seeing the codes.

Another alternative is to replace the dash panel, engine control unit lock set and keys all from the same identical vehicle (ie all the components of the immobiliser).

• 4 months later...

I have this P0606 code. This was triggered by a low battery. I replaced the battery, had to reset all the OBD DTC's with a scan tool. AND reset all the VAG codes that went with this as the ECU stored all the codes with the old battery.