Removal of rear door trim

Hi All

Can anyone give me advise on how to remove the internal rear door panel on a 2004 superb, so i can investigate a problem with the electric window mechanism that lies beneath

Thanks in anticipation

Roy

Removing the rear door card is similar to the front door card and I have posted this little guide up a couple of times but I will give you a run down:

1) Slide a flat bladed screw driver (preferably with smooth edges) under the interior handle trim between the trim and the carpet / leather on the door, by doing this you will move the trim out towards the middle of the car. The handle trim is clipped into two recesses holes at the top and the bottom of the handles;

2) Once this is off you should be able to see some screws that hold the centre of the door card and handle to the door skin, remove these;

3) Then if you look at the bottom of the door there are 2 or 3 T25 Torx screws holding the card into the door skin, remove these;

4) Back with the flat bladed screw driver push this inbetween the door card and the door skin working from the bottom of the door around the sides and in doing this you will pop off the 'Popper's' inside the card holding it to the door skin;

5) The door card will then only be held by connecting wires and the channel that sits in the window runner;

6) Lift the door card upwards out of the channel in the window runner, unclip the speaker cable, door lamp and release handle cable;

7) Then you will be able to see in internals of the door;

8) The window mechanism is then inside the door skin if I remember and you should be able to see all the screw that hold this plate in place onto the door skin.

Hope that helps.........

• 10 months later...
Removing the rear door card is similar to the front door card and I have posted this little guide up a couple of times but I will give you a run down:

1) Slide a flat bladed screw driver (preferably with smooth edges) under the interior handle trim between the trim and the carpet / leather on the door, by doing this you will move the trim out towards the middle of the car. The handle trim is clipped into two recesses holes at the top and the bottom of the handles;

2) Once this is off you should be able to see some screws that hold the centre of the door card and handle to the door skin, remove these;

3) Then if you look at the bottom of the door there are 2 or 3 T25 Torx screws holding the card into the door skin, remove these;

4) Back with the flat bladed screw driver push this inbetween the door card and the door skin working from the bottom of the door around the sides and in doing this you will pop off the 'Popper's' inside the card holding it to the door skin;

5) The door card will then only be held by connecting wires and the channel that sits in the window runner;

6) Lift the door card upwards out of the channel in the window runner, unclip the speaker cable, door lamp and release handle cable;

7) Then you will be able to see in internals of the door;

8) The window mechanism is then inside the door skin if I remember and you should be able to see all the screw that hold this plate in place onto the door skin.

Hope that helps.........

Thanks v.much Baker21 for post. My offside passenger door now unlocks intermittently. Sometimes it refuses to open, then after a few seconds there'll be an audible "groan" then it works fine. The next time i go to it it wont open and can stay that way for a day or two. I tried removing interior panel (is this what you mean by card?) but despite your best efforts at explaining it i couldn't for the life of me work out how to disconnect the handle. I did the 'poppers' ok and could see in the dark confines of the door that the handle is connected to the door. I also slid my hand in and could operate the connecting rod that works the lock mechanism. All seemed well but without getting the panel off completely, i really don't know. I would greatly appreciate any further help or hints as a trip to the dealer isnt top of my wishlist. Many thanks in anticipation.

Thanks v.much Baker21 for post. My offside passenger door now unlocks intermittently. Sometimes it refuses to open, then after a few seconds there'll be an audible "groan" then it works fine. The next time i go to it it wont open and can stay that way for a day or two. I tried removing interior panel (is this what you mean by card?) but despite your best efforts at explaining it i couldn't for the life of me work out how to disconnect the handle. I did the 'poppers' ok and could see in the dark confines of the door that the handle is connected to the door. I also slid my hand in and could operate the connecting rod that works the lock mechanism. All seemed well but without getting the panel off completely, i really don't know. I would greatly appreciate any further help or hints as a trip to the dealer isnt top of my wishlist. Many thanks in anticipation.

Sorry for the delay but I have been away all weekend and not had access to the forum...........:o

To remove the handle on the Passenger Door you basically need to get a rounded flat bladed screw driver and you have to remove the front face of the handle from the rear section, it's clipped over it so you have to run the flat bladed screw driver behind the front face to unclip it from the rear section. Once it's off you will see two screws that go through the rear section of the handle into the door panel remove these and then the door card will come off.............:thumbup:

• 4 months later...

hi, thanks for the advice - i've got the door card off but now have a metal riveted panel to contend with, I am concerned about being able to refix it and not drilling off rivets that may be needed elsewhere, can anyone help - please

• 5 years later...