First Skoda vRS.

Hi. I am a happy owner of my first Skoda. It's a shiny silver 03 plate vRS 1.8T. It was originally modified as a show car from new, with majority of the modifications being in the engine bay. Since then, a work colleague bought it and got it remapped and replaced the headunit. After 18 months of ownership, he sold it to me. I couldn't pass the offer as it was a great bargain. It is now currently running at 225bhp.

For my first project on this car, next week I am getting a custom cat-back exhaust with de-cat pipe fitted. I have read on here that a turbo-back exhaust will give much more performance. If anyone knows what performance difference is between these, can you please let me know so I can see if it will be cost-effective or not to go turbo-back.

Here is the spec and some pics of my vRS. Hope you like it. :thumbup::thumbdwn:

• Tints all round
  • Kicker bass box and separate Alpine Amp
  • Sony bluetooth enabled head unit
  • Upgraded speakers
  • Gas strut bonnet lifters (rare!)
  • Chrome caps and covers in engine bay for everything
  • Modified engine cover
  • Samco hoses (blue)
  • Forge turbo intake pipe
  • Bailey DV30 recirculating dump valve
  • Chromed and polished intake manifold
  • Intake manifold power gasket
  • JabbaSport custom rolling road remap
  • JabbaSport performance filter
  • JabbaSport filter stainless steel “airbox” surround and seal
  • Performance grooved discs all round
  • Cold air feed discretely hidden behind front grille
  • “Pikey Mod” inner wheel arch intercooler vent mod
  • Mintex Extreme pads all round
  • Top of the range Michelin tyres
  • Upgraded performance engine mount
  • Modified front bumper (air intakes)
  • Miltek bumper grille inserts (black mesh)

100_1389.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

DSCF1093.jpg

From the mods I thought it was going to look all chavvy. But seeing it, it looks very nice and dare I say it quite respectable. You can see it's had money spent, but you just may be able to drive it without getting pulled and asked 'do you have any insurance for this car, for that matter is it yours sir?'

;-)

Sorry 225hp no chance without having already fitted with quality exhaust, expect 210. stay clear of custom builds as not been designed specifically for that engine characteristics, much better to stay with the best Miltek or Supersprint as been designed from the ground up thru many weeks of development on the rollers and Dyno chambers to get the best flow rate, power gains, noise levels (legal). As the car is so clean is seems a shame to muck it up with S#it products.

Sorry 225hp no chance without having already fitted with quality exhaust, expect 210. stay clear of custom builds as not been designed specifically for that engine characteristics, much better to stay with the best Miltek or Supersprint as been designed from the ground up thru many weeks of development on the rollers and Dyno chambers to get the best flow rate, power gains, noise levels (legal). As the car is so clean is seems a shame to muck it up with S#it products.

Theres always one :rolleyes: but alas I think you are are right about the bhp figures...........................Where's bengie, he can tell you about jabba

my 226bhp/256lbft jabba remap never got above 202bhp on any other rollers but funnily enough got the same figure everywhere else within a couple of horsepowers and even vag-com came out with pretty uch the same figures.

anywho, enough of that as its far in the past and about to go onto turbo number 4 with remap number 3 in total coming soon :thumbup:

K03s's are for girls.

right on cue, jabba my ****ing ****.

anywho, enough of that as its far in the past and about to go onto turbo number 4 with remap number 3 in total coming soon :thumbup:

HTH

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We should start a book on how long before you kill number 4 :D

You can't go wrong with silver :thumbup:

Is that a digital boost gauge or something, below the central air vents? Not sure about the HU though, what did the previous owner install?

Steve

You can't go wrong with silver :thumbup:

Is that a digital boost gauge or something, below the central air vents? Not sure about the HU though, what did the previous owner install?

Steve

It is actually just a simple digital clock. My mate who previously owned it, fitted it as it was easier to see the time than reading the clock under the dials. Especially if you like having the mpg reading, etc instead.

The headunit was fitted by my mate also. It is the Sony MEX-BT5000. It's not a bad unit. It's getting used to the controls that takes time. Wouldn't have been my choice of unit, but I had it with the car, so can't complain. The main things I happy with, for the time being, is able to play MP3's and use the bluetooth for my mobile. I am considering changing it with something that has built-in DAB also.

Thanks for your advice. I have actually done some shopping around and found a Milltek system for around the same price as the custom I was going to have. With this in mind, I am now going to have a Milltek fitted instead. As you said, would be a shame not to fit a quality product and spoil the car.