octavia vrs fabia vrs

My mate has a fabia vrs with a remap superchip from chipchippers.chipnet and says tis faster than an octavia vrs especially off the line is this right?

he says all the little torquer men in the clutch add power?

also he said the fabia vrs is the only "real" VRS as its been rallied?

dunno, but i heard jasc1988 agreed.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A mapped Fab will be similar bhp compared to te octy but in a smaller car so may well be quicker off the mark. The downside to the fab would be the limited rev range so the octy may catch up a bit by not having to change gears so often (if going to 60mph). Whichever it would be pretty close and probably depend on the driver more than the car (i.e. who can get the cleanest start). Once in gear though I would have thought the Fab would take it due to the extra torque. However, I am sure someone has done this test on here somewhere and will give you the definitive answer.

Pfff diesel delusions.....

The day a 1.9 turbo diesel is faster than a 1.8 turbo petrol (of equal states of tune), i'll eat my own face.

And the weight factor has naff all effect, just put a small child (or large dog/badger) in the fabia and they weigh the same. (Fabia vRS=1315kg, Octavia vRS=1375kg).

It's all about power delivery and driveability. All this ranting about peak torque means nothing. Show me a power/torque curve you slags!!

Also having done alot of miles both in the VAG 1.9TDi and 1.8T, I know which one is more fun and involving to drive.

So take your diesel supermini and stuff it up your hind quarters!!

Wooo I win! Hahaha

I love this argument - gets so many people upset.

From personal testing in the 'real' world (all standard) - a well driven PD130 in an Octavia is usually quicker off the line than a VRS (better traction/torque - who knows?) but ultimately the VRS is quicker (substantially on a race track I would expect) especially at higher speed acceleration - but you're talking a few feet, not one car headed for the horizon and one eating dust.

I love this argument - gets so many people upset.

From personal testing in the 'real' world (all standard) - a well driven PD130 in an Octavia is usually quicker off the line than a VRS (better traction/torque - who knows?) but ultimately the VRS is quicker (substantially on a race track I would expect) especially at higher speed acceleration - but you're talking a few feet, not one car headed for the horizon and one eating dust.

Thats not what you said the other day is it ???

A Fab might be quicker for about the first 40-60ish yards, but then I think it would be game over.

FWIW, I'm told every 5 kilo's shed = 1 BHP

Not exactly true. Just done some quick maths and I'm guessing you're judging bhp per ton when you compare the benefits of weight loss v power gain.

If you take a standard Octavia VRS at 180bhp weighing 1375kg then bhp per ton is 130.90

A) Lose 10kg and your bhp per ton becomes 131.868

B) Lose 20kg and your bhp per ton becomes 132.841

To get the same bhp per ton by adding power you would need A) 181.318bhp B)181.657bhp

So effectively you could say cutting 20kg weight = adding 1.657bhp

But this would be different in the standard Fabia VRS @ 130bhp

Same maths shows cutting 20kg weight = adding 2.008bhp

It's impossible to put an exact figure on as it increases exponentially (I think that's the right word) so it depends on how much weight/power you have to start with.

I've heard that the Fabia was developed for girls and children, and the Octavia was designed for men and large bears. According to my mate Dave....

If someone in a standard Fabia vRS wants to have a race around the 'ring and see what happens, bring it awn! I believe a heavy spanking would be in order!

I bet I'm quicker off the line on my bicycle, than alot of fast cars, but that doesn't really mean jip does it!

In the real world or on the road whatever you want call it.... to me the way a car feels and drives is what its all about. I'd rather have a car that felt quicker than one that felt slower but was in fact quicker. (Hold on does that make sense? lol)

What i'm trying to say is that i've been in a conservatively remapped fabia vrs roughly 175bhp and 320 ft lbs and i've been in an octavia vrs and i'm not saying it is faster, but on the road the fabia felt twice as fast that surge of 300+ ft lbs is incredible. Getting back into the octy vrs felt tame.

Aaaaaaaarg stop it!!

Fabia vRS 0-60mph = 9.2secs

Octavia vRS 0-60mph = 7.6secs

You can't bring tuning into it, as it makes the argument void.

A tuned Flabbia might be quicker than a standard Octagon, but who cares. Chitty chitty bang bang is quicker than a Flabbia when tuned.

Torque is usefull for pulling trains though, I must admit.

Aaaaaaaarg stop it!!

Fabia vRS 0-60mph = 9.2secs

Octavia vRS 0-60mph = 7.6secs

You can't bring tuning into it, as it makes the argument void.

A tuned Flabbia might be quicker than a standard Octagon, but who cares. Chitty chitty bang bang is quicker than a Flabbia when tuned.

Torque is usefull for pulling trains though, I must admit.

Try reading the original post, this whole thread is about a remapped fabia against a std octy.

The start of this thread smacks of trolling.

Love the line "also he said the fabia vrs is the only "real" VRS as its been rallied?"

Ermmmm someone needs to get the facts straight on that one .... LOL !!!!!

Not exactly true. Just done some quick maths and I'm guessing you're judging bhp per ton when you compare the benefits of weight loss v power gain.

I wasn't judging anything to be honest. I'm only repeating what i was told, no need to get all technical, because as I said I don't even know what I'm on about.:o

Well having owned both models,

Both were re-mapped..

Octavia was quick, decent midrange, long gears meant less gearchanges etc...and it belted along nicely at higher speed.

Fabia, huge midrange, a fair few gearchanges, now, i would say here, the Fabia feels quicker, but it's not, the torque makes it feel quicker than it actually is...and where the Fabia starts to fade, the Octavia would just keep going.

Over and above all that, i prefer the lazy power of the Fabia. :)

My mate has a mapped Fabia VRS we have had this argument and settled it, both cars are modded slightly and improved in the same area's, on our 1st grudge match My octy just went away from him at an alarming rate in every gear, on the second run he got it Little neater but still I was faster then him easily, we then swapped cars and he pawned me utterly as I forgot it was an oil burner, once I compensated I got Little closer but never near him.

All that said we done a MPH rolling gooooooo and he got 2 car lengths on me and then changed gear and obviously i didn't and just went away from their.

We wanna get on some faster 5th gear stuff as he reckons my **** is grass in 5th and planting it..