octavia vrs fabia vrs

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think us real vRS owners have you beat on destroying the universe; we've got soot! Nothing like saying 'FU mother nature' than clouds of ****ty black smoke.

---

A faux vRS would beat my real vRS as if I was having a go, and if I used WOT the time continuum would bend, and probably break, such is the sheer power OF THE DERV.

How's a Fabia a real vRS!!

The Mk1 Octavia vRS is the first ever vRS, and the best ever vRS. It competed in the WRC (not just the kids JWRC version that the little Fabia runs in).

It's where 'vRS' came from..... victory rally sport baby!

Right theres only one way too settle all this. We meet somewhere central, and have a massive fight. Then we wave our ****s round a bit, then have a race or something like this anyway.

That should stop this argument once and for all ......maybe :confused::confused:

:P:P

hahahahaha! Octavia I forum ready!

anchorman2vn6.jpg

Brick : Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.

Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

Brick : Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

Kind of off topic, but this thread was a joke to start with, so why not end it as one!

I drive a lot of them....

I run a 1.8T 150 and am familiar with driving the VRS 180. Back to back to a Golf IV and Toledo (same thing as Octavia really) I had in with 130pd 6-speed high spec, and the pd diesel feels significantly quicker.

Compared, the VRS octy just doesn't seem to 'pull' and doesn't shove your head back till you are doing at least 4,000rpm. After that it gradually picks up amid lots of singing revs and, to my ears, 'fuss'.

In comparison, the pd130 may not be as quick but feels it, you get a real shove in the back, hard, no need to change down and the speedo whizzes round, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 - change into 6th and it's off again pulling hard. That's on a short stretch and if you are not careful a 40 zone you really have to watch it.

The VRS may go as quick, or quicker, an is a compentent motor and a nice drive. But has to be 'driven' eg rev the guts and plant your foot hard, if you want to go anywhere.

I haven't been in a Fabia VRS diesel, but given my above opinion I would imagine the fabia is even better. I have had Ibiza in and that was a blast, just with the 90hp tdi.

IMHO of course, I know the 1.8T is well liked and may I remind everyone before they jump on me that I run one! It just does not go as 'effortlessly' as the diesels. If you haven't driven one, a well running and well run in PD130 with a 6-speed is a real nice machine and will lose your licence real quick. I have a customer with a Mk5 with a 140pd which will happily pull 140mph on the speedo, without a long run up (6 speed DSG). My 1.8T can go fast, but I generally need to make an effort - keep the foot well down and the revs up. It doesn't just 'float' along at illiegal speeds with very little throttle like even a good 110tdi does. And it certainly isn't showing 58mpg @ 80mph like the last one I drove back some distance..... :eek:

Greg

Pfff diesel

delusions.....

The day a 1.9 turbo diesel is faster than a 1.8 turbo petrol (of equal states of tune), i'll eat my own face.

And the weight factor has naff all effect, just put a small child (or large dog/badger) in the fabia and they weigh the same. (Fabia vRS=1315kg, Octavia vRS=1375kg).

It's all about power delivery and driveability. All this ranting about peak torque means nothing. Show me a power/torque curve you slags!!

Also having done alot of miles both in the VAG 1.9TDi and 1.8T, I know which one is more fun and involving to drive.

So take your diesel supermini and stuff it up your hind quarters!!

Wooo I win! Hahaha

I had a little play with a Nissan 350Z on the way back from the kent RR day,was on the M40 doing 90mph looked in my rear view mirror and there was this black 350Z inches from my bumper with this cocky looking numpty behind the wheel and his girlfriend

I pulled over to let him past and the look i got off her,as if to say pahh..skoda

I wasnt having none of this,i let him get so far in front then planted it,it went from 90mph to 120mph within seconds,looked where he was then planted again and the front lifted up 120mph to 149mph and he was nowhere to be seen! pahh 350Z's!

Back on topic iv driven lots of Fabias Vrs's and they feel quick,dont know if its coz its a small car or what but they certainly feel rapid, but its over so quick whereas the octy just feels a bit more grunty and quicker IMHO