Any dealers go a V6 demo?

primey

Rubbish.. :grumpy:

First build week for the V6 is 45 (starting 3rd November).

You can't really blame Skoda for building other models first, as the V6 isn't likely to sell terribly well. It would be nice to try out, though.

Bagpuss.

I very much doubt a dealer would have one as a demo, given the current cost of the thing, plus road tax @ £400 that will be going up next year by a fair amount as well. Also as they probably will only sell less than 100 of them in the whole country you e borrowed from may find that the only demo would have to be borrowed from Skoda.

Yep, any dealer getting one of those is likely to find it rammed so far up their @r5e they won't get the doors open on it.

Golf R32 values are a good indicator of what'll happen there. Pity though, I'd love to drive the Superb.

Shot in the dark I know, but has any dealers got a V6 demo model?

Spooky - I've just come onto the SuperbII to ask exactly that question. :D

I think if any dealer did (doubtful), then it'd be fully booked up for test drives.

Maybe a dealer won't have one (understandably due to the cost), but would Skoda UK have a demo when they're out? If I was interested in one, I certainly wouldn't buy one without trying one with the same engine. It's amazing how many dealers (not just Skoda), expect you to buy a car without having driven one with the right engine beforehand.

Is anyone considering buying a 3.6 version?

Only if there was a great ex demo deal to be had. Er what I mean is yes I am extremely interested and will hapilly pay full list price, I just need to try one first. :D

Hmm.... Wonder what would happen to me if, by accident, I ordered a 3.6 Elegance?

I just had a guy in asking about a 3.6 and stupidly talked him into driving the 2.0CR which he of course liked and is probably going to have now. Damn.

Is anyone considering buying a 3.6 version?

If I had the cash spare, I would go for one, but I would buy it, register it and insure it on Guernsey as the car is cheaper to buy there and there is no road tax so I would save myself the £400+ per year the the government would want from me just to put it on some tarmac.

Talking to my local dealer Principal yesterday, and he said it would be almost suicidal to get a 3.2 in as a demo.

He thinks Skoda might have one on it's Press Fleet that might be available.

• 6 years later...

[thread resurrection] ;)

They never did a 3.2 but I do wonder how many 3.6 engined cars were sold in its lifetime (ending this year manufacture-wise)?

Shame, it's a lovely car.

Working in the motor trade I use some data to help catalogue parts for our branches... 

The attached "csv" file shows the number of 3.6 Superb's registered in the UK (data from about February this year) Total is shown for each model in the last column on the right

Superb 3.6 in UK.csv

• Like 1

So the chances of me snagging a 3.6 are about as equal as platting fog or finding hens teeth. I ain't gonna give up just yet when I do I might have a look at a 6.1 Chrysler 300c tourer quite a few of them around might do as a substitute.

• Like 1

Them 2 cars above have been on sale for a while now,i was going to buy one of them but the ivory interior put me off.

So I had to settle for a brown interior.Sometimes a tough decision has to be made...

Although the above hatch is very well priced the estate is not.

Nice cars thou.

• Like 1