National Meet, this Sunday → BRISKODA National Meet Info.  |  BPDC - Driver Development.  |  Competition & Prizes
Photo
- - - - -

Where to install gps antenna?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mooseman4k

mooseman4k

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Car:Octavia vRS

Posted 14 November 2008 - 23:18

I'm about to install a new headunit with gps in my octavia. The gps antenna. Is there a particular place in the octavia where it'll get good reception? It'll have to go somewhere in the dash as the cable comes out the back of the hu but I'm sure there must be others on here who have done the same.

#2 squeeek

squeeek

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Car:2002 OCTAVIA

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:22

I have not had a problem with any gps item in mine. O2 orbit works fine in holder etc.
You should be able to put anywhere if equipment is good:thumbup:

#3 NinjaVRS

NinjaVRS

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Car:Octavia VRS/Kawasaki Ninja zx6r

Posted 15 November 2008 - 15:20

if its to do with the octy mk1 then i have put mine under the glove box under the dash on a pice of metal pole that runs along the dash! but!! i have been looking into relocating it to the roof with one of those shark fin areials cause there so big you can hide the attena under them and i think there on a mk5 golf!! of cours i havent had the time or money to complete this so its a working project, but good luck

p.s mine does work fine under the dash

#4 speednut

speednut

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Car:AUDI A4 CONVERTABLE

Posted 15 November 2008 - 15:23

Mines sits in corner of dash on nearside works fine with MFD Satnav unit:thumbup:

Steve

#5 mooseman4k

mooseman4k

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Car:Octavia vRS

Posted 15 November 2008 - 22:50

I tried it under the dash but i wasn''t massively happy so I've run it from the hu along the dash, behind the a pillar trim and it now sits at the top of the windscreen. Shame I forgot to remove all the cds from the cd changer before I unplugged the original headunit :mad:

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users