HOWTO : Get rSAP working with the Columbus RNS510 using a

Alien8d

Dear All, are the devices genuinely “not compatible†or is it a procedural error (mine was) see my post (from another thread) below about my experience with various BlackBerries.

The BlackBerry 8520 will work. I stumbled on this tip at the on-line BlackBerry owners lounge. It was aimed at VW but of course works on the Columbus, well mine anyway?

The system could "see" the my BlackBerry 8520 but declared it as an "incompatible device". So the advice is first set the bluetooth device set up to "listen", then ask the car to "search for devices" this time it sees and accepts the device in the normal way.

As for which BlackBerries are compatible it seem that most? from the 8520 up could be. Check the bluetooth options on your device. You need an option (near the bottom), something like “Sim Access Protocol†available and ticked.

Both mine and my wifes BlackBerries (8520 and 8900) now work a treat. I have checked a colleagues 8310 and it hasn't got the above facility in the bluetooth options menu.

Cheers

After months of searching for a solution finally hit on your post and decided to give my blackberry 9000 and Superb one last chance to get together ........... and guess what , you are right my friend !. With a little perseverence it happened .

Many , many Thanks Whully

now if i could only load that SD card with music ................

• 1 month later...

I am also looking for an idea how to get my HTC Desire (Android) to work with my new Skoda Superb II. Skoda is saying that the phone is not compatible. Too bad!

Any ideas, clues or tips will be highly appreciated!!

New Skoda driver

• 4 weeks later...

I cant get the BT_SAP to install on my HTC TyTn2, the NET Frame S/W installed OK, but I just get a warning stating I don't have sufficient system permissions? I read here that it's a known issue but has anyone sussed it yet?

Update: Still won't install - Grrrr

Edited by Tankdave

• 1 month later...

Downloaded the BT_SAP Cab file and installed again, same warning that installation was unsecessfull because the file don't have correct permission. I've looked in the Kaiser tweak application I run and the only relevant security option was the "not certified warning" This is already disabled and set either way I still get informed it won't install?

So after all this messing about I go back into the accessories level and see a SAPSetting icon "I'm sure that was not there before" In it I tick the "Remote SIM Access" box and go running to the car. :D

Good news, it paired, bad news it won't import my contacts. Still It "at least" recieving calls should be OK now and "manual" dialling out. That's better than nothing and I shall continue to try and get the contacts in now

UPDATE:- Found a tip on here somewhere that was to put all you contacts into an old Nokia, put in you SIM, set the BT name to the HTC phone and it loads the phonebook. Well, it did and they stayed there when I put my SIM back in the HTC phone. So alls well, ends well, thanks to the forum :thumbup:

Edited by Tankdave

• 2 weeks later...

This may or may not help out some of you trying to sync contacts with Android based phones. It's not a sync, but I found an app that will allow the pushing of multiple contacts by group / all or selected via a Bluetooth transfer.

Instructions are below as I had problems with my Desire and Toyota, so found this and just pushed all 300 odd over... Ignore TNS510 references, that's the Toyota Nav unit, just substitute Columbus in there for that :)

1. Go to the Android Market place and download "Bluetooth File Transfer"

2. Pair the phone with the TNS 510

3. Go to the Telephone menu on the TNS 510 and select the Settings option

4. Go to Phonebook and Transfer Phonebook (At this point the BT connection will disconnect, this is normal)

5. Now go to your Android phone, and launch Bluetooth File Transfer

6. Accept the license agreement and then ignore the main screen

7. Press the MENU button on the phone

8. Select the MORE Button (Marked with 3 dots and on the lower right corner of a Desire MENU option)

9. Look halfway down the screen and select "Send Contacts"

10. You can now select All contacts, or tag the ones you want to transfer or transfer by group

11. IMPORTANT - Select the middle button, "Send as Multiple"

12. Contacts get sent, shut down the app and then the phone will reconnect, check your contacts, they will all be in there

I did 300 or so in just over 90 seconds so it's pretty quick to, and get's around the problem of pushing multiple entries.

Hope this helps some people out

• 1 month later...

Every time I link my Blackberry torch with the PC to synchronise with my diary and contacts my Skoda superb won’t link.

My solution is to delete the Skoda rSAP profile in the phone, remove the battery to reboot the phone (if I don’t reboot the car find the old settings )

I then have to reinsert the code from the car into the phone, the car links and doesn’t reload the contacts list.

A pain, but at least the system works.

Roger

• 3 weeks later...

Taken from This set of posts' Originally started by me.

If you've got a Superb, which has rSAP only bluetooth, just replace the unit under the drivers seat, with a 3C8 035 730 A or N0 035 730 D unit, and you will have rSAP, HFP and Music Streaming, with no modifications or coding required, allowing you to use any twenty quid phone, with bluetooth, or even an iPhone with your Superb.

Pick them up on eBay (Search world-wide, as mine was from Portugal) for around £100 + post (ish)

Al.

• 4 months later...

For Android users, you can try this to enable rSAP working on your phone http://android-rsap.com/ the app is available on the Market Place, the free version will run for 10 minutes to allow you to test it, then it's about £7 for the full blown version.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S2 running the latest version of Android and that includes built in rSap, once you do the right authorisations it works a treat. No need for the android-rsap add in, seems quite a nice phone as well.

I have an 09 model Superb

Edited by erniem

• 2 months later...

My Samsung Tocco Lite works perfectly with my new 2011 Superb Elegance the first time I connect but fails to work when I re-connect after returning to the car.

If I turn the phone off and on it sometimes connects properly and works fully using rsap can anyone tel me how to connect properly every time

• 1 month later...

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S2 running the latest version of Android and that includes built in rSap, once you do the right authorisations it works a treat. No need for the android-rsap add in, seems quite a nice phone as well.

I have an 09 model Superb

Hi, I receieved by Skoda Suberb this morning and can confirm that the rSAP on my Galaxy S2 works fine. However, when I try to transfer the contacts it fails straight away. Anyone got any ideas as to why that muight be?

Thanks

Edited by Jimbo79

• 1 month later...

Hi, I receieved by Skoda Suberb this morning and can confirm that the rSAP on my Galaxy S2 works fine. However, when I try to transfer the contacts it fails straight away. Anyone got any ideas as to why that muight be?

Thanks

Have a look at the topic: rSAP - Samsung Galaxy S2 working-http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/201367-rsap-samsung-galaxy-s2-working

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Can anyone confirm if the guide posted "'Alien8d', on 14 Dec 2008 - 21:07, said:" reference how to get a windows phone to work with rSAP will work with latest windows phone.  I got nokia Lumia 520, thinking its nokia, its bound to work!  Of course it didn't.  Nice phone but had to return it and go back to my Nokia Classic 2730.

Or can anyone advise any budget 'smartphone' that will work with rSAP?  Or am I destined to wait until I can afford to change the Bluetooth module.

Or can anyone advise any budget 'smartphone' that will work with rSAP?  Or am I destined to wait until I can afford to change the Bluetooth module.

I can confirm that Galaxy S3 Mini works with rSAP.

However, this is my wife's and I couldn't get my own Galaxy W to work - rSAP connects and the immediately disconnects, with the car displaying "Please insert SIM card". Have dug out my old E71 which works like a charm. Anyone out there with better luck on Galaxy W?

Edited by urmetj

• 5 months later...

Hello there,I have a 09 plate SuperB hatchback and my problem is my Iphone is not compatible with my radio.What can I buy to fix this problem?

An rsap compatible phone (most Samsungs are fine), or a new carkit (3c8 035 730 A or newer). The newest type is 3C8 035 730 D. The newer the carkit type, the more features and less bugs there are.

Edited by andrehj

• 2 months later...

THis is a very basic question - but I need a very very basic answer!  :notme:

I am about to pick up a 2.0 TDI CR 170 Elegance Estate - and have an iPhone 3GS.  Without making any mods, installing any other kit or software - will this work hands free merely to make and receive calls?  Nothing fancy needed!