Fuel filler door: EMERGENCY OPENING (Fabia 6Y)

Racing_Enriquez

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually have a reverse problem. My fuel flap does not spring back to open when closed and released by the lever inside. The small locking bolt retracts but there is no force applied on the flap that would push it outwards. I was wondering if a working flap is being pushed by a spring inside flap hinge or by flap seal? Did someone have a similar problem?

• 1 month later...

I actually have a reverse problem. My fuel flap does not spring back to open when closed and released by the lever inside. The small locking bolt retracts but there is no force applied on the flap that would push it outwards. I was wondering if a working flap is being pushed by a spring inside flap hinge or by flap seal? Did someone have a similar problem?

Did anyone solve the reverse issue where the cover doesn't spring open? How do I fix it?

• 5 months later...

I've got the "not closing" problem but for the two previous posters I can tell you what provides the push on the flap to open it -

With the flap open and looking straight at the filler with the catch to your left, there should be a bright silver coloured flat spring steel plate about a cm wide just behind the moving part of the catch. This pushes on the raised "catch" part on the flap when the flap is closed. At least, that's how mine works.

Maybe this has snapped off or detached on yours?

(I've just got to get my inside trim off now and hopefully find that spring and peg so I can get mine closed.)

This is my fix to stop the cable popping out and leaving the flap unsecured. Every time I pushed this back in and refitted the interior trim the cable popped out again so I looped a cable tie through two others - one round the collar and one round the cable as shown here:

12011373924_6799a95f46_c.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • ColinD unpinned this topic