National Meet, this Sunday.  Meet at → Blyton Park Driving Centre  |  Show Competition & Prizes
Pronounced “bris-skoda”, a brisk skoda, a Skoda driven in a spirited or “brisk” manner.
Photo
- - - - -

Auto Door Locking

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 superb555

superb555

S555NOB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Car:Superb 2.0 170 Elegance Estate

Posted 14 January 2009 - 16:57

I know the original Skoda Superb could have the brains set to lock door automatically when reaching a certain speed 10 mph I think does any one know if the new style superb can have the same thing done.
SNOB
now run in and loving it !!!!!!!!!

#2 jcblincs

jcblincs

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Car:superb II 1.8TSi DSG / Passat 1.8T sport

Posted 14 January 2009 - 17:33

yep. its in the set up on the maxidot display. its a simple check box. I turned it off as it annoys me. dont drive in cities much so not a worry. If it looks like its a dodgy area I simply lock the doors manually

#3 jcblincs

jcblincs

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 17:33

I know the original Skoda Superb could have the brains set to lock door automatically when reaching a certain speed 10 mph I think does any one know if the new style superb can have the same thing done.
SNOB
now run in and loving it !!!!!!!!!

or should I have simply said RTFM ?!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#4 jcblincs

jcblincs

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 17:37

see here under automatic locking :

?koda Auto - The new ?koda Superb - Documentation

and here :

#5 Chocaholic

Chocaholic

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Car:Superb II 2.0TDI SE Manual in Satin Grey

Posted 15 January 2009 - 13:26

see here under automatic locking :

and here :

Hi - for me both these links go to the home page of the operating instructions. Having searched thro the index and the unlocking/locking section i have not founbd anything on automatic locking.:confused:

#6 jcblincs

jcblincs

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 13:45

i pasted the exact page into the links but it does go to the home page as your say..

go to home page of manual
go to index
select L
select locking
select description
scroll down to auto locking

or look in the paper manual page 38 second column half way down "automatic locking"

#7 superb555

superb555

S555NOB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 15:14

Thank you all sorted locks at 10 mph and unlocks on touch of door button or removal of key.
Thanks again.And now driving lights as well it just gets better.
SNOB

#8 pauljmuk

pauljmuk

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Car:Skoda Superb II CR 170 SE

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:19

I dont think I have that option on my maxidot?

#9 Chocaholic

Chocaholic

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Car:Superb II 2.0TDI SE Manual in Satin Grey

Posted 22 January 2009 - 13:01

I dont think I have that option on my maxidot?

You have an SE like me so you will have it, I am sure. It is in the MFD setup, under Convenience - Door Open. There is a setting for manual or automatic opening (locking0 and if you select manual then I think you get options of locking/unlocking only drivers door on first click of remote, or opening all doors

#10 FoxRay

FoxRay

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car:Skoda Octavia

Posted 22 January 2009 - 20:36

Thank you all sorted locks at 10 mph and unlocks on touch of door button or removal of key.
Thanks again.And now driving lights as well it just gets better.
SNOB

Another question from me.

The "auto close" functionality is clear to me now. But what about the "auto open" functionality? How does that work? Someone any clue?

#11 jcblincs

jcblincs

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 20:39

i was wondering about that - i chose to ignore it as i couldnt be bothered to fiddle in case it fu*ked up something else on my car !!! LOL (see my other posts about electrical gremlins)

#12 jcblincs

jcblincs

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 20:40

i have always thought having the doors auto locked is very dangerous in an accident situation. If you drive off the road into a ditch and the doors are locked its harder for someone to get you out (unless the clever car knows , vie the airbag sensors or something, and unlocks the doors ?)

#13 superb555

superb555

S555NOB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 20:21

Hello JCB,
I understand that it is programmed in that the door will automatically open if the airbags are deployed.
`hence it is safe to use this function, I spend most of my time driving in London trust me with our immigrant and native social scroungers in London I feel much safer knowing that the doors lock without having to remember to do it.
SNOB now 2 weeks old with 3 thousand on the clock and I am still driving it with a huge smile on my face.:rolleyes::):D

#14 SJFISHER67

SJFISHER67

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:50

Does anyone know whether or not that when the car is locked and unlocked you can make it 'beep' as the Superb 1?

#15 xxleeus

xxleeus

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Car:Superb II 1,8TSI+DSG

Posted 24 January 2009 - 15:17

Enter Maxi-Dot - setup - convenience - ATA confirm ... "Here you can set if a signal tone should sound additionally when activating or deactivating the anti-theft alarm system ".

#16 jcblincs

jcblincs

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 14:41

its more a pleasant "chirp" than a beep !!
i have turned this on as its useful. I cant hear the doors locking form inside my house wheras on my passat i can hear the clunk - the actuators are noiser !

#17 SJFISHER67

SJFISHER67

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 22:01

Took delivery of my Superb II today, been playing with it all afternoon. Still cannot work out exactly HOW to sort this auto locking function. I have been into the MFD, read the manual, but I don't seem to get it. Please can someone help me?

I have set up the single door unlock when remotely unlocking the car, but cannot find exactly where or how to do the auto locking at 10mph.

Regards

SJ

#18 seboni121

seboni121

Are we really here ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,739 posts
  • Car:VW GOLF 1.6 tdi 105bhp, match with bluemotion tech , gunmetal grey metallic

Posted 08 February 2010 - 19:26

Had this infernal system on my seat altea pain in the butt would never use it glad i have not got it phew as previous just lock it manually its easy finger push button i tell you what i like when your going hell for leather the lights come on automatically and its like moses parting the red sea .great success!

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users