Sinclair Skoda - Swansea

DGW

• This is a quote from a post I made in the Yeti forum after buying a demonstrator Yeti SE Greenline from Sinclair's:

"Yes, Sinclairs were very good. I didn't want treating like I was a necessary burden but then again, I didn't want treating like I was buying the most expensive car in the world. And I wasn't. The Yeti was waiting on the forecourt when we arrived and after introducing himself to my Wife and myself, Mr Thomas gave me the keys and left us to have a good nosey round. The formalities were completed in about half an hour over a cup of coffee ( most of that time was spent persuading the bank that I really did want to spend that amount of money! )

So, all in all I was very pleased.

Regards, Lee."

• 1 month later...

I'll be using these guys instead of Fred Ree's in Haverfordwest near me. For me the extra distance is worth the service and quality of work.

Edited by dtuppy

• 1 month later...

i can add to the experience of going to skoda swansea, three times i have gone to them and they made me and my car part of the skoda family, they carried out the "job in hand" and also carried out a free health check, which highlighted some minor jobs needing doing, like a couple of peeps have said i'll take mine back to them for jobs that need doing time again. Before jobs that were found needed doing got a phone call and cost of carrying out job. All staff friendly and chatty. :thumbup: :clap: keep up the good work.

Car threw a wobbly on the way home from Cardiff, epc light came on and felt like it was misfiring. Pulled over, restarted and it drove fine so took it to Sinclair's. They got it in straightaway but found a few sporadic codes that couldn't be pinpointed. He cleared all the codes, explained what could of caused it and seemed disappointed he couldn't find out what it was. He did however fix the rattle I had within 5 mins.

Can't fault the service again really and they've got a few nice Yeti there too

• 1 month later...

My Octavia has just been for its first MOT and 50k Service.

A completely painless experience. Staff are always polite, helpful and friendly. They spotted some damage to my seat bolster and informed me that is covered under warranty and have arranged for it to be repaired. I'll be looking to trade the Octavia sometime next year and my repeat custom is guaranteed. So nice to find a garage you can trust.

My Octavia has just been for its first MOT and 50k Service.

A completely painless experience. Staff are always polite, helpful and friendly. They spotted some damage to my seat bolster and informed me that is covered under warranty and have arranged for it to be repaired. I'll be looking to trade the Octavia sometime next year and my repeat custom is guaranteed. So nice to find a garage you can trust.

Yeah. Every time I've had to have parts replaced I've always been shown the old ones showing where they broke. Not many do that let alone main dealers

Just been in with my father who's trading in his Yeti, they've done him a fantastic deal on a brand new Superb L&K to arrive in March.

Excellent service from Sinclair yet again, many thanks again to Martin for really looking after his customers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

As I said in the main Yeti forum, the car needed her first service on the variable schedule last week. Sinclair Swansea had been recommended so I gave them a try.

Simeon and all the staff were great. We had a lift into the city centre and a lift back when all was completed. Washed and vacuumed inside (first time in 12 months!), the old girl looked like new.

I think Simeon must have read my post in the dealers section for White Dove Cardiff, where I had been promised some touch up paint when I bought the car in March 2012 for some stone chips on the bonnet. I never got them from Cardiff but Simeon very kindly gave me a set. :rofl:

Many thanks to Simeon and all at Sinclair Skoda, see you next time. :sun:

Edited by MikeWales

• 2 months later...

Got my Fabia Greenline 2.5 years ago and dealt with Gemma, she was very good & i came away with the car without any hiccups.Because of the excellent service i have chosen to drive there for the majority of the work since then & i hope that they can do me a good deal when the car comes to the end of it's warranty in April.

It's the little things that make the difference.Courtesy,not being treated like a mug, having a washed car after getting work done etc.They dont mind dropping me into town to mooch around while the car is serviced either which is good.

all in all good work, keep it up Sinclair! :thumbup:

• Like 1

2nd service was done last Monday. Courtesy car was a Citigo, Simeon showed me round it since I hadn't driven one, had a chat about things and left them to it. Came back around 3 and they just needed to road test it. Garage was busy so I didn't mind waiting. Service price was reasonable, got a printout of the bulletin for the breather pipe and couldn't fault anything really. I always like going there.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my third variable service completed at Sinclair last week.   Simeon is a top chap and goes out of his way to make sure all your questions are answered, including walking through the bill line by line.  Included a wash and vac which was needed in this weather.   Excellent service as usual, a very pleasant experience, hence I continue to travel 80 miles to Sinclair in preference to more local dealers.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Snow here this morning after the storm force winds last night! Going to Sinclairs this morning to see the new Yeti Outdoor which has arrived and to arrange collection and service of the Octavia Vrs, hopefully both on the same day !!! Mr Thomas has been great keeping us informed along the line . 

• 4 weeks later...

:blush: Outdoor was ready and its very very nice, we managed to sneak into the back seat a small Yeti as a surprise for my wife. Brian Thomas took a lot of time explaining the controls on the steering wheel ,ac etc which are a bit different to the previous elegance. We took the Outdoor for a run, had lunch and back to collect the Vrs after its service, car cleaned inside and out. Yeti gleaming nicely in the sunshine today. Well done to the Sales and Service team at Sinclair Skoda during a very busy time of the year. Smiles all round here.

I picked up my Mk 3 vRS Estate from Sinclair Skoda three weeks ago. The staff were outstanding and couldn't do enough for me. An outstanding garage.

You were spending £20k plus-wouldn't expect less.

But good to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I am compelled to write and sing the praises of the team at Sinclair Skoda in Swansea.

My four by four 170 'Berb Estate had eaten a complete set of rubber by January, less than 12 months old and 9.5k miles. They tested everything and reset the geometry or whether they do, and off I went.

The car went again last week, having worn the new tyres down to 4mm in about 4k miles. This adds about £65 actual cost to a journey of about 800-1000 miles, and is not acceptable. This time the tech, Paul came out to share the figures with me, and the toe in and toe out had been shaken all about and was way, way off. Again it was corrected, and a pretty ear wax removing shimmy started up on my way home, and reminded me that the car had had this from new.

In discussion with Simeon, we have initiated a warranty thing where the car is investigated fully, with the support of Skoda UK.

Once again the service, communication, coffee, chat, patience of this team is exemplary, as has, so far, my contact with Skoda UK. Nothing is too much trouble, and they have all the time you might need to have to explain, discuss, and just natter!

Top garage.

• 5 months later...

Our Citigo was at Sinclair Swansea last Saturday for its first service. As usual with Sinclair Skoda, all was first class and they fitted the car in even though their Saturday morning was already full.

As I said in the Citigo forum the well know clutch click was on the menu for attention. We were issued with Skoda UK's formal response which is so disappointing in their passing the buck. The clutch click is all due to their state-of-the-art production! 

I've had over 25 cars in my time from Citroen 2CV's to BMW & Mercedes and none of them, as far as I can recall had such an annoying noise as this.

An excellent dealer, such as Sinclairs can and do go out of their way to please customers and get plaudits from us the motoring public for doing so and making us and our cars feel special, but if they are not backed up by Skoda UK they are on a looser.

Time to find another make of car, I think 

Edited by MikeWales

I am actually very disappointed with Sinclair Skoda - I won't be using them again.

I took my car in for a service on 22/08 - Major service. £259 so no complaints about that. I knew full well my car needed front brake disks, pads, cambelt.- so decided to get the major service done out the way and get the rest done later.

I had to ring their service department 4 times and didn't get to speak to anyone until gone 5PM - nobody could tell me if my car was ready or not, and driving to Swansea from Bridgend on a Friday afternoon is bad enough anyway, let alone trying to get there before they closed. They could have easily have let me know earlier in the day that the car would have been ready and I could have got there without too much drama.

Anyway, when I then got there, they informed me that I would need to have both wishbone bushes replaced on the front because they like to do them in pairs - and that my fuel pump had "suspected" failure as they found oil in my fuel filter. The car is on variable servicing and the filter had not been changed in 4 years - I'm actually not surprised there was something in there. And they also said that because there was oil on one of my intercooler hoses that my turbo could also be showing signs of failure.

I was quoted £1450 for the Cambelt, brakes, new wishbone bushes, fuel pump, and a new turbo on top of all that would have pushed the bill to well over £2K on a car that's probably not worth a lot more than £4K nowadays.

Anyway, I found an indepedent garage (DATSC in Barry) who changed my cambelt + water pump, replaced my disks and pads, fixed my ONE wishbone bush, assessed both my fuel pump and turbo and said there was absolutely nothing wrong with either and I only spent £800.

The car now drives like a dream again and they even said that whoever did the cambelt last (2010 before I bought the car, a VW dealer no less!!) had not adjusted it properly and it was missing a tooth.

I am really very disappointed in Sinclair, and they've lost my business forever.

EDIT: Yesterday I had an e-mail from them asking for "my feedback on my recent visit" - So I've told them all about my experiences.

Edited by g_tee
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Having previously give Sinclair Skoda Swansea a good positive comment I now have to give them a poor comment for customer service. (The positive comment was for sales service).

I had my Mk 3 VRS Serviced on Thursday 25th September (20,000 miles), as usual good service and courtesy car supplied. Monday 29th I have a fluid leak under the car. A quick phone call I thought at 4pm to their service department would sort any problem out.

I'm told by a pleasant young lady on the phone that there was only one person dealing with service and parts and that I would get a call back as soon as possible, but before the garage closes. She did say however that this single person hadn't replied to any of the mornings calls and I could always take advantage of the recovery service. (Not the answer I was looking for)

A main dealer and only one person on duty???? I did notice that there were loads of sales people on duty.

After close of business on Tuesday I'm still waiting for the promised return call. Perhaps I'm not spending well in excess of £20,000 and I'm not as important anymore.

I understand that people are busy but don't promise a call if you've no intention of making it.

• Like 1

I'm not that convinced either after the last service.

All ok apart from loads of blue stuff over the car. It had been washed and ready for collection but there were loads of blue spots over it.

However, I could see steam coming from the engine on the way home from work the following day. It turned out they had fogotten to put the oil cap back on the engine. So much for being checked and signed off ! Had the same trouble contacting the service department. No call back and only got through after a few calls.

All sorted the next day and Jeff was really good. Still have an issue with one of the retractable headlight washers not going back. Third time lucky at the next service? Not sure about the next service.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I took Gladwys into Sinclair Swansea last Friday for her second service in 3 years and 37,000 miles and a MOT.

Nice new showroom, all very white & sparkly. 

Many thanks, once again to Simeon and all the team for a painless experience. Great, positive experience, once again. 

The old girl passed the MOT and off we went back to Pembrokeshire,  :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent service from Sinclair Skoda today.

My car (I need to name it!) was due for the second service. Booked online with Hayley.

Car collected from home on time and dropped back as promised. Nice and clean again! Headlight washer fixed.

Very impressed from the initial contact online with Hayley and the guys who picked up and dropped off.

• 5 months later...

Having bought my car from new,  customer service has been nothing short of disgusting!! ......with the salesman completely ignoring me on return visits, when taking the car for servicing (no longer take it there), and wandering around the showroom. The body-shop (manager I presume) not replying to or acknowledging emails sent, and not being particularly interested with the problem when my vehicle was taken down for examination re a warranty issue.

Work that has been carried out by the body shop to a bumper, following a rear end shunt, was so shoddy that the paint came off in strips, as they had not prepared the bumper to accept the paint!!

Needles to say I now have NOTHING to do with this particular garage and have gone elsewhere for service work, where every member of staff that I came across, can only be applauded for their Customer Service.

booked the octavia vrs in with Simeon for air con top up and new front discs and pads and at the same time friends Yeti 4x4 in for full service. Both vehicles completed on time and both cars washed and vacumed. Thanks Simeon and the mechanics and will see you shortly for MOt and service with the Fabia 1.9.