• Announcements

• ColinD

2017 EMail Issues - Post Upgrade   23/01/17

Hi,   Following a successful upgrade of our old code; being out of support we had to upgrade, we've encountered an unforeseen in preview and testing issue with our production email.   This means that email isn't sending as well as it should. You might ask for the email and we might send it, it also might get blocked by your ISP. Btinternet, AOL and Yahoo are well known for blocking.   We're working on it and I hope to have an solution working shortly.    Out of all that could of gone wrong, this isn't the worst case   As to other issues and 'change' as I said, it's forced upon us. To not change is irresponsible. More updates to follow once we're past our initial snag list.   There's only one working on it though; me, so please be patient, read the support topics, spend a few minutes, it's not that different once you get over the shock.   Cheers,   Colin   Snag List Topic >>       

Alarm siren location? Quick answer needed

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10 posts in this topic

Hi, can someone tell me exactly where the factory alarm siren is located and how to acces it on a 2001 Fabia? I need to get mine disconnected ASAP.

Cheers

One option would be to set the alarm from within the car, and open the door, that should set it off, and help you find it :)

Setting the alarm off isn't a problem, I just arm it and wait - sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 2 hours. Trouble is, once it's started, there's no stopping it, I mean literally, there's no stopping it!!! Key in the door, key in the ignition, fob presses, nothing stops it. I've been known to drive miles out into the countryside with the alarm blaring, getting the blessed thing away from the neighbours. Usually, after 5-10 mins driving, it stops and I can then gingerly drive home. Believe me, it's no fun ragging around the country lanes in the small hours, dressed in pyjamas with the alarm squeeling blue murder - one of theses days the boys in blue will have a field day! The strange thing is, when it acts up like this the hazards don't flash but they do with the normal lock/unlock proceedure.

So for the past few years, I've hardly ever locked the car - far from ideal when shopping in Corby! To cut a story short, I'm trying to trade the car in at the moment and thought it prudent to try and finally silence the wayward alarm as I don't think it'll look good if it has one of it's fits just as i'm striking a deal on the forecourt somewhere !

I thought I once read that the alarm siren was located in one of the rear wheel arches - above the liner. Well I can now report that it aint there - not on my car anyway!

Vehicles from 08.00 have the siren fitted on the left side of the vehicle at the exhaust manifold next to the fuel tank.

[quote name='DGW']Vehicles from 08.00 have the siren fitted on the left side of the vehicle at the exhaust manifold next to the fuel tank.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try and get it up on ramps tomorrow and have a look (I assume you meant exhaust pipe, not manifold).

Cheers

Dont disable it perm tho, the new owner may not thank you!

Why didnt you get it looked at? Sounds like the convienience unit.

Thanks everyone, I found it.

[attachment=16054:6/4/7/0/27262.attach]

Just remember to reconnect it when you part with the car ;)