Alarm siren location? Quick answer needed

teedeeye

Setting the alarm off isn't a problem, I just arm it and wait - sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 2 hours. Trouble is, once it's started, there's no stopping it, I mean literally, there's no stopping it!!! Key in the door, key in the ignition, fob presses, nothing stops it. I've been known to drive miles out into the countryside with the alarm blaring, getting the blessed thing away from the neighbours. Usually, after 5-10 mins driving, it stops and I can then gingerly drive home. Believe me, it's no fun ragging around the country lanes in the small hours, dressed in pyjamas with the alarm squeeling blue murder - one of theses days the boys in blue will have a field day! The strange thing is, when it acts up like this the hazards don't flash but they do with the normal lock/unlock proceedure.

So for the past few years, I've hardly ever locked the car - far from ideal when shopping in Corby! To cut a story short, I'm trying to trade the car in at the moment and thought it prudent to try and finally silence the wayward alarm as I don't think it'll look good if it has one of it's fits just as i'm striking a deal on the forecourt somewhere !

Vehicles from 08.00 have the siren fitted on the left side of the vehicle at the exhaust manifold next to the fuel tank.

Thanks, I'll try and get it up on ramps tomorrow and have a look (I assume you meant exhaust pipe, not manifold).

Cheers