Photo
- - - - -

Bristo's Skoda - Ipswich..

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DGW

DGW

Now with a new final drive unit fitted. :-)

• Honorary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,813 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 19:10

Bristo's Skoda - Sales
301 Woodbridge Road
Ipswich
IP4 4AU

01473 719221

301 Woodbridge Road -
Aftersales
Ipswich

01473 719221

Services: New, Used, Repair

#2 Bodie

Bodie

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Car:2005 Superb Elegance TDI. Wifes 2001 Fabia Comfort SDI

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:52

Well I collected some bits from them on 25/3/09 cant say I was overally impressed with the parts departement, coming frpm the industry I know it can be difficult but they dont have appeared to have any enthusiasm customer facing, doesnt appear to hold much of anything stock wise. Hopefully teething problems but im not gona hold my breath!

But on the other hand I passed the showroom on the way home and salesman was a really nice bloke although I told him I wasnt looking to change yet he was helpful, not pushy even acknoledged my 3yr old petrol head of a son. And as I was about to leave I told him I was an ex Skoda Salesman LOL

so how do I rate them?

Aftersales 5/10
Sales 9/10

#3 will_raymo2000

will_raymo2000

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Car:2000 Fabia Classic 1.4 MPI 8v

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:55

Haven't actually been but their service department seems jam packed, rang up last week and their nearest available space to see my car was over a week and a half away. They also didn't have any courtesy cars for another week after that.

Not sure if that's seasonal demand or they only have 1 courtesy car but it didn't impress me much.

As a result I'm taking the car to Underwoods in Colchester as they could see my car first thing today!

#4 *tim*

*tim*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Car:Fabia vRS

Posted 02 September 2009 - 17:39

I wanted to like them, I really did, in fact I went back despite a previous complaint against their service department, thinking surely they couldn't **** up twice within two weeks... surely they could complete an annual service without issue... surely they are trained... surely...

My first dealing was with the parts departments, where I was serviced by a helpful chap called Paul, okay his knowledge of Skoda's wasn't great but he seemed keen to learn and soon found the part I was looking for. Ordered it in, and I collected. Smiles all round.

Next stop, into the service department for a quote. After being ignored by a lady tapping away on her keyboard for a good five minutes she decided, with prompting from her colleague who was talking on the phone, that maybe I actually wanted serving. Eventually I get a quote and leave.

Next dealings is when I book my car in for some 'warranty' work. Knocking suspension and broken catch on rear seats. I later receive a call stating that neither would be covered by warranty, in fact they couldn't even here the knocking noise, and that I owe them £40 for the initial inspection work. I refuse to pay until I have taken it up with SUK, and leave unhappy with a still broken car.

As I needed to use the car / boot that weekend I order the seat catch (from their parts depot) and fit it myself, £1.16 and less than 15 minutes work to replace the broken part. SUK phone saying the catch will not be covered by warranty, and that I must pay the initial inspection charge from the garage...

Me and the garage come to compromise regarding the invoice, which results in me taking the car back for its annual service when its due. This was mistake number two! Upon leaving the garage I heard a ppppsssttt, and the turbo hose pops off from the intercooler to the turbo. Apparently the mechanic forgot to attach it correctly... well done guys!

In summary. Good parts department, rubbish customer relation skills, and forgetful (incompetent) mechanics. Avoid!!

#5 blueriver

blueriver

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Car:Octavia 1.8T VRS

Posted 18 May 2010 - 20:59

I took my car in for a service last summer since moving to Woodbridge.......

and came away slightly unhappier than when I went in!

There was a noise like someone putting card in bike wheels when I started up the car. Found that it was a leaf/leaves that had got into the air conditioning system. I then found out later that going under my bonnet to fit new wiring, that the reason for this was that the pollen filter had been fitted incorrectly. It looked like someone had jammed it in. It was folded on one side, giving a gape of at least two inches!

Whilst doing this I had to take off the scutter panel on the bottom of the windscreen, which also had a problem with it..... It had been split. Not a happy chappy was I. They even told me on the phone that they thought that I had broken it and were not really obliged to fix it. My car is my pride and joy and I love it. Not for someone not to admit responsibility of breaking something on it.

They did replace both parts in the end to their credit, but still not the most helpful staff at all.

Sorry Bristo's

Edited by DGW, 28 June 2010 - 20:52.
Inappropriate mention of another dealer deleted.

#6 markmi

markmi

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Car:Mini Cooper, Austin metro and Octavia 3 1.6tdi elegance DSG

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:11

i agree Bristos service is shocking, i gave up on them and now use ****************

Edited by DGW, 28 June 2010 - 20:54.
Inappropriate reference to another dealer deleted.

#7 *tim*

*tim*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Car:Fabia vRS

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:42

Since my previous post I have taken my car for an MOT at Bristo's Ipswich; it was free so I couldn't say no. I presume they (Bristo's) have read the comments on here and put two and two together as I received much better service, thankfully!

I've also had uprated dampers and springs fitted by Jabbasport and the knocked noise has stopped, so clearly there was an issue with the suspension somewhere.

Although better than before, my summary still stands. Sorry guys

#8 Bodie

Bodie

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Car:2005 Superb Elegance TDI. Wifes 2001 Fabia Comfort SDI

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:29

aftersales has relocated to

301 Woodbridge Road.
Ipswich
along with a new phone number

01473 719221

Edited by DGW, 20 December 2010 - 19:59.
TY. :) Main entry amended.

#9 Stug

Stug

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Car:2011 Fabia VRS

Posted 21 March 2011 - 21:56

Just Bought a new VRS from Bristo's and right from the start I was treated very well. Robert Moore the salesman i dealt with was excellent from start to finish keeping me regularly up to date with everything to do with my car, nothing was to much trouble. Also since i picked it up he has been in contact a few times to see how things are going.

#10 paco

paco

Gasman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Car:fiesta and works Transit. Yeti 1.2 SE. B.Silver

Posted 07 March 2012 - 20:13

Just purchased a brand new Yeti from Bristos, the deal and service I recieved from salesman Rod Travel was excellent, they supplied and fitted 4 mudflaps at my request and only charged cost price [ie no labour costs, just £42]
Don't know about aftercare @ bristos yet, I will choose Bristos or Hayes of Clacton for aftercare as I will probably give Underwoods a miss, I am a bit concerned and put off by the negative comments about Bristos on here because I really do want to like them. I have noted that the comments are quite old now so hopefully things have improved.

#11 Stug

Stug

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Car:2011 Fabia VRS

Posted 08 March 2012 - 22:30

Just purchased a brand new Yeti from Bristos, the deal and service I recieved from salesman Rod Travel was excellent, they supplied and fitted 4 mudflaps at my request and only charged cost price [ie no labour costs, just £42]
Don't know about aftercare @ bristos yet, I will choose Bristos or Hayes of Clacton for aftercare as I will probably give Underwoods a miss, I am a bit concerned and put off by the negative comments about Bristos on here because I really do want to like them. I have noted that the comments are quite old now so hopefully things have improved.

Hi paco, You didn't by any chance pick your Yeti up last Saturday did you? If so I watched you picking your car up as my Fabia was in for its first service, think you may of parked your Fiesta next to my motor.

Very pleased with my aftercare and service so far :)

#12 paco

paco

Gasman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Car:fiesta and works Transit. Yeti 1.2 SE. B.Silver

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:23

Hi Stug, yes it was me, didnt notice you though.
Very pleased with Yeti so far. :thumbup:

#13 Paladine

Paladine

Finding my Feet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Car:Octavia Mk2 1.4tsi Elegance DSG Hatch

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:01

I’ve been looking for a Mk ll Octy 1.4tsi for some time and found a low-mileage 12-month-old one advertised at Bristo’s. I rang them and arranged a test drive with Rod Travell.

Everything went smoothly. Being unfamiliar with the area, I asked Rod to select a route which would be similar to my home area (rural Norfolk), which he did (plus a bit of dual carriageway, just in case Norfolk gets any!)

The car was a delight to drive and Rod was very easy to deal with. The windscreen price was reasonable (according to Glass’s), but with some good-natured haggling, I discounted that by several hundred pounds, plus a full set of rubber mats and fuel, and a sale was agreed.

The offer was made to deliver the car to my house (70 miles away) but I decided to go from Norwich to Ipswich by train to collect the car last Friday. Rod picked me up from the station right on time. The car was immaculately presented and Rod carefully went through all the paperwork with me and left me to go over the car with a fine toothcomb, but was always on hand to answer any questions I had.

In all, it was a most pleasurable way to spend several thousand pounds. There is a certain dealership, whose doorstep I will never darken again, on the coast near Norwich that could take a few lessons from Bristo’s, or, more precisely, Rod, in how to deal with customers.

Thank you, Bristo’s and thank you, Rod.