Roomster compared to the Yeti

Hello All,

Just thought I would post this image of my Roomster 3, along with a picture of the new Yeti, both at very similar angles. Interesting comparison I think, especially since the Yeti isn't much longer than the Roomster.

Regards

MarkT136Rapid

27562.attach

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst they are very similar in length and they both have the Varioflex rear seating system I think Skoda have been quite clever to differentiate the two. The Yeti has a much better range of engines and a more upmarket interior (Superb style design/quality) and of course most versions are 4wd too.

Of course, the concept cars always look a bit wilder than the finished product when things such as safety regulations, manufacturing issues take over, but I quite like the exterior. Don't think the launch photos are doing it justice (wrong colour and wheels). However, the interior design/quality and the toys available could swing it for me. I'd be seriously interested in a Yeti in 18 months time maybe. I guess it will significantly undercut the Tiguan on price too - I specced up a 170 TDI-CR Tiguan on the VW website yesterday, £30,000! :eek:

It's not about covering the bases, it's about the concept. Scout has a different spec to the rest of the range and from what I can tell it's been a strong seller

Scout has a different spec to the rest of the range
I must admit I've not looked too closely at it, I presumed I couldn't afford it so ignored it. Plus the plastic bits, although hugely practical, don't float my boat.

I think I had the notion that 1 = S, 2 = SE and 3 = Scout plus plastic bits.

I need to look harder, I think, as SE seems to be much nearer a 3 than a 2.

BTW, Decron, it's your fault I'm here in the first place. I was there at Lenziegate on HUKD.

I must admit I've not looked too closely at it, I presumed I couldn't afford it so ignored it. Plus the plastic bits, although hugely practical, don't float my boat.

I think I had the notion that 1 = S, 2 = SE and 3 = Scout plus plastic bits.

I need to look harder, I think, as SE seems to be much nearer a 3 than a 2.

BTW, Decron, it's your fault I'm here in the first place. I was there at Lenziegate on HUKD.

The Scout has ESP as standard where as the 3 has cruise and the sunroof. If you don't mind not having the roof then the Scout is better value fractionally. You can probably get a new one for about £13k if you find a dealer willing to do a deal or a demo one for about £10k. It's a lot of car for the money especially if you compare it to the Ford/Vauxhall/Renault alternative

As you can see there are just 4 of us here.... :thumbup: It took the mods a while but they banned him about a week ago :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy the site :D

Roomster vs Yeti - completely different animals (excuse the pun) and thus IMHO will appeal to differing buyers.

Roomster is a small MPV/Estate whereas yeti is a medium sized SUV/4x4. They are well separated by price with the most expensive Roomster being c. £13,500 and the cheapest Yeti being c. £18,500. A typical buyer of Yeti might well be a Roomster owner stepping up to something slightly bigger.

All credit to Skoda in getting the Yeti into production and VW should be afraid with the Tiguan cost £3-£4,000 model by model more! :thumbup::)

I'm not 100% sure as we couldn't get that close to it at the motor show but it looked to me as though the Yeti was on the A5 platform al'a Golf and Octavia etc.

I'm not 100% sure as we couldn't get that close to it at the motor show but it looked to me as though the Yeti was on the A5 platform al'a Golf and Octavia etc.

Correct; it's a clone of the VW Tiguan.

There are a whole bundle of photos in this thread;- http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/cr-tdi-170-4x4/135865/

Roomster vs Yeti - completely different animals (excuse the pun) and thus IMHO will appeal to differing buyers.

Roomster is a small MPV/Estate whereas yeti is a medium sized SUV/4x4. They are well separated by price with the most expensive Roomster being c. £13,500 and the cheapest Yeti being c. £18,500. A typical buyer of Yeti might well be a Roomster owner stepping up to something slightly bigger.

All credit to Skoda in getting the Yeti into production and VW should be afraid with the Tiguan cost £3-£4,000 model by model more! :thumbup::)

Several reports I have seen said the the Yeti is expected to start at about £13,000. Where are you getting the £18,500 figure from? The Tiguan starts at £18,640, If you are right about the Yeti being at least £3,000 cheaper than the Tiguan then the starting price will be nearer £15,500, at £4,000 cheaper then it will be £14,500, so cant see how you came up with the £18,500 figure :confused:

Correct; it's a clone of the VW Tiguan.

There are a whole bundle of photos in this thread;- http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/cr-tdi-170-4x4/135865/

According to Skoda it's not a clone of the Tiguan as the Tiguan platform was too expensive. I believe the two have a different wheelbase, so the platform can't be the same.

I would expect the cheapest Yeti to be roughly the same price as the most expensive Roomster models - about £13k.

Roomster is a small MPV/Estate whereas yeti is a medium sized SUV/4x4.

I've read somewhere that Yeti is about 4m in length. I wouldn't call that "medium sized". "Small" is better.

Whereas, Roomster is 4.25m (in line with VW Golf and Golf Plus), and VW Tiguan (the real mid-sized SUV) is 4.42m.

I've read somewhere that Yeti is about 4m in length. I wouldn't call that "medium sized". "Small" is better.

Whereas, Roomster is 4.25m (in line with VW Golf and Golf Plus), and VW Tiguan (the real mid-sized SUV) is 4.42m.

Sorry; but we are both wrong.:o

Yeti is 4.2m as stated in the 'What in Yeti?' paragraph on this page from Skoda's website;- ?koda Auto - Geneva 2009

Edited by bahnstormer vrs

Yeti is 4.2m as stated in the 'What in Yeti?' paragraph on this page from Skoda's website;- ?koda Auto - Geneva 2009

Good link :thumbup:

Those 20cm more make Yeti much more practical, and useful, car. Although, it will be interesting to see how spacious it is, since Roomster is a champion of spaciousness. Hence its name :rolleyes:

More Yeti news!

Skoda are very confident in the cars off road abilities: "The vehicle is fantastic both on and off road, either with front-wheel drive or in its 4x4 version (many of its competitors are nowhere near so good)."

More here: ?koda Auto - Geneva 2009 - Yeti is our interpretation of a modern SUV

Rumours say the Yeti should be priced similar to the Octavia, with top versions costing similar to the Octavia Scout.