Felicia Fuse Box

Feliciafusebox.gif

According to the picture, relay R2 is NOT connected to the yellow sections, right?

Does this mean that, if I want to use relay R2, I need to open the fuse box and run wires to the connectors? Or should I just search for connection in the empty slots of the yellow connectors (AA, AB etc.)?

Thanks guys,

Edited by Goki

have you got a high resolution version of the pic? i've been searching high and low for a fusebox schemetic for ages..

you wont be able to use that relay for anything other than the foglights because of the way it's wired

So, You're telling me that in EVERY Felicia car, the relay R2 is already wired?

I just need to carry wires from the box to the fog lights, that's it?

Please explain Tom...

Soory, I have absolutely no service material for the Felicia in English... And no better picture than this one...

Yes there should be wires into the space for the relay that run to the switches to the right (or left or LHD) of the steering wheel and then onto the headlight connectors where there should be some wires that are for the fog lights but they won't be long enough if there has not been any fog lights fitted as standard and you can either grab the extra wires from a scrappy or just chop in some of your own wiring.

So if you can get OE fog lights and the extra loom to connect them and the relay it is a plug and play uograde! Oh as well as the fitting plates that slot into the holes on the bumber.

Phil

Feliciafusebox.gif

According to the picture, relay R2 is NOT connected to the yellow sections, right?

Does this mean that, if I want to use relay R2, I need to open the fuse box and run wires to the connectors? Or should I just search for connection in the empty slots of the yellow connectors (AA, AB etc.)?

Thanks guys,

i tested #30 on R5 and R2 and it does output 12v in my, so there is wiring on he fuse box

the wiring will be present in a few paces in he fusebox, but the one that energizes the coil in R2 will only be live when the head lights relay is active.

i'm not 100% sure that the wires are there as standard on non-uk spec cars, but the uk ones certainly have them, i can see any reason why they should be different

have you got a high resolution version of the pic? i've been searching high and low for a fusebox schemetic for ages..

you wont be able to use that relay for anything other than the foglights because of the way it's wired

Hi Tom :)

i have some other pictures about wirings hope they are noticable.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: feliciadiag.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5240/flx1.gif

I'm doing this job as well. I've put the switch and relay in to try it and they bring up the light on the dash and I think the relay is switching. I'm changing the bumper next but it looks like all the wiring is there and just needs plugging into. I'd try it with the bumper off the car but there's not the reach in the wiring.

Fuse 4 and 5 cover the lights and they were already there. Edit - Sorry, looks like 5 & 6 on your diagram, It's two 10A fuses anyway.

BTW what my manual has down as the rear wash/wipe relay is empty, do they change the layout?

So, You're telling me that in EVERY Felicia car, the relay R2 is already wired?

I just need to carry wires from the box to the fog lights, that's it?

The wiring is already there if mine is typical. I put in the switch, relay and lights and it all just worked. All that was needed was to plug in to the connectors at the switch and alongside the radiator. The hardest part was feeding the cables from the lights into the engine bay as the larger diesel radiator covers most of the holes that you'd use.

If anyone has any ideas for securing the outer bumper ends I'd like to hear them. I snapped both of the captive bolts at the wheelarch stiffener. :confused: (Was changing the bumper because of a bent bumper bar. I'd have just popped the lights into the old bumper otherwise.)

Thanks for the advice guys...

My Felicia is a 1995 Combi LX... There are no extra wires from the fuse box to the front bumper, apart from the wires for the headlights and signal lights (to turn left-right)...

I guess I need to run my own wires to the front... The ONLY question now would be WHICH wire from the segments AA,AB,BA,BB,BC etc. connects to the relay R2 and its 30, 85, 86 and 87 pins...

Without that, I have absolutely no way of making the right wiring...

I would have to run that test on a disconnected battery, right?!? Just in case not to shortcircuit something...

I've got no meter to track the wiring and most at the front is a sort of sooty black irrespective of what Mr. Haynes would have you believe.

The Haynes manual shows the wiring on the front fog light relay as:

pole 30 linked to pole 30 of rear fog relay and pole 87 of "X" contact relay (Relay R7).

pole 86 is sidelight feed (pole 86 of main light relay)(Relay R1).

pole 85 is black from pole 85 on foglight switch

pole 87 goes to the two foglight fuses F5 and F6 but also to pole 86 on the rear fog relay (Relay R3)

Fuse F5 goes to right foglight (terminal BA/10)

Fuse F6 goes to left foglight and indicator light on dash (terminal BA/8 and BA/6 respectively)

There are no wiring colours give for the fuse-box / relay-box internals but the two lights are fed by a green which turns to a black at a connector and the dashlight feed is white.

The connectors for the lights were tucked well out of sight, cable tied to the disconnected headlamp levellers way down by the chassis legs.

Like I say, I can't check all this but it does seem to match what works in mine and the relay and fuse numbers tally with the diagram already posted.

Hope this helps.

LATEST Update!!!

I checked the fuse box... The BA 10 cable, where the fuse connects to the fog light isn't there. So is BA8...

I guess this definitely means that I'd have to run my own wires... The only thing I can think of now, is HOW to insert wires in the connector that goes in the BAS slot... Any ideas?

Well, I checked the wiring on my 1995 Felicia Combi LX, and the wires in the fuse box ARE NOT connected... The connectors are missing 2 wires for the fog lights (+12V - BA8 and BA10), and a wire for the fog light switch (BB9)...

So, I spoke with a very skilled service man, who works on Skoda cars ONLY, and he told me that, unless it's a GLX, I can't make a fog light wiring from the fuse box... :(

The ONLY option now would be to make my own - independent wiring, with a relay, outside of the fuse box... Apparently, there is no other choice...

I just hope I'd be able to somehow connect the front fog light indicator (BA6) with the relay...

According to the picture I've posted, this light indicator also recieves +12V... Am I right?

- - - LATEST UPDATE!!! - - -

After 4 days of snow and rain, finally some sunny hours, and a chance to check the Fuse Box thoroughly...

Well - here's what I've found. I'm missing 3 wires (BA8, BA10, and BB9), but the connections INSIDE the fuse box are there... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That means that I'm finally able to make a proper wiring diagram... I did a sketch in COREL, and the wiring should be like this, I think...

SCHEMATICS.jpg

Now, the only dilemma is HOW to fix those 3 wires (BA8, BA10, BB9)... Is there a place to buy those metal connectors?

And the +12V for the switch --- which wire from the loom should I use for this?

The rest should be easy to do...

Thanx for the support guys...

And Pollywog, I would still like to see pictures of what You did, and how... Thanx... :)

I live in Skopje, Republic Of Macedonia...

I'll try to make connectors... If I don't succeed, I'll need the ones You have for sure... :)

Once again, thank You Pollywog...

All the best,

• 3 weeks later...