Ding Ding Ding

iep

that you need to put your seat belt on :)

Wrong,

it's actually reminding you that you still haven't Vag-Com'd the seatbelt chime off yet (or unplugged it) :D

I'm yet to plug vag-com into my new Skoda. Since my last car was a 15 year old golf vr6, I'm expecting all manner of new stuff that vag-com will be able to talk to. Is it easy to reprgram seatbelt chimes etc?

Is it easy to reprgram seatbelt chimes etc?

Sometimes!

There is a know issue with some MKI Octavia's, despite coding the chime off, on some vehicles it doesn't work (code is accepted but the chime still comes on!) the only way to do it then is by unplugging the wires near the seat belt buckle.

• Like 1

Models with the info display (i.e. elegance etc) say something about fastening seatbelts on there as well. It's a lot better than my fiat 500, which goes beep-beep-beep as you get to 10mph and then (really loud) BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP if you don't belt up within about 1 second of the first warning, at which point I find myself struggling with the seatbelt (which is awkward) and narrowly avoiding collisions!

It's a lot better than my fiat 500, which goes beep-beep-beep as you get to 10mph and then (really loud) BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP if you don't belt up within about 1 second of the first warning, at which point I find myself struggling with the seatbelt (which is awkward) and narrowly avoiding collisions!

This is the whole point of them though, it's to remind the numpties that your belt should be on BEFORE you pull away!

I personally hate them as i start the car before putting my belt on, but don't need reminding that i am not wearing it as it will be on before i pull away.

• Like 1

You should all wear your seat belts - it's the law you know...:) :)

Ahh but you don't have to wear a seatbelt if your reversing! :P

So if you have to reverse off the drive every morning, the alarm is pointless. It should de-activate when the gearbox is in reverse.

You also don't have to put it on if your making deliveries/collections within 50metres. But that's a pretty pointless fact if you drive a car!

Ahh but you don't have to wear a seatbelt if your reversing! :P

So if you have to reverse off the drive every morning, the alarm is pointless. It should de-activate when the gearbox is in reverse.

You also don't have to put it on if your making deliveries/collections within 50metres. But that's a pretty pointless fact if you drive a car!

.............................or a Taxi Driver :)....Or even a Train Driver

I reverse out of my driveway everyday and have put my seatbelt on before pulling away, why would I not need to wear my belt in reverse? Thats what mirrors are for!

Z

• Like 1

No I'm afraid I must correct you. Taxi drivers must now wear their seat belts too...:rofl:

Interesting, when did this come in? as the local ones down here still don't wear them (at least when i have been in the taxi)