Engine vibration

I think you will find it's an air hose somewhere giving it a throaty note, hard to find mind you as it will be a mini crack where the sound is escaping from, my Sup 1 does it at the same rpm, one possible check is have the users had a service yet and then it became evident?

• 11 months later...

Had the same thing (I think). Not a vibration in the engine as such, but a vibey noise between 1100 and 14000 revs. Found it easily enough with bonnet open and someone gently reving the car for me. It was coming from the air intake assembly and I could stop the noise by putting my hand on it. It is now fixed by wedging a piece of dense foam between the bottom of the air intake and the top of the radiator. May try something more permanent when I get time.

Mine vibrates a lot at 14,000 rpm as well

Seriously mine is awful when cold very harsh and viby, not bad when warmed up but not the smoothest of engines

I am also talking about the 170HP CR Diesel engine - and in my one there is pretty much zero vibration. You don't even know the engine is there until you get near the red line.

TRy the air filter housing I have had mine replaced due a vibration under the waranty

SNOB

• 2 years later...

Had the same issue, went to Skoda`s, they did a fix on the air intake pipe, cruising silently now, whoever has this problem, that is probably your best bet. The other vibration noise only hearable when the hood is up is from the high pressure injectors. All the cars have this from new, the Skoda techy demoed this to me today when fixing mine.

So go to Skoda, they will fix it either under warranty, or if you have extended warranty they will not consider it, but it only costs £40 to fix it anyway, so worth it!

But could you please specify exactly what they did replace exactly? what pieces? My Skoda service doesn't know how to fix it... my car has been there for weeks without any success.. they just said "boy, turn up the radio and forget about it!" !!!!

I've replaced by myself the intake pieces and the pipe connecting it into the air filter housing, but there have been no difference :(

Thank you very much

I know your post... it's because of it that I changed the air intake pieces and the pipe. And I have put tape all around without success... Maybe my rattle is coming from a different part of that system, maybe from the air filter housing... ;.(

There's one other thing to try, which stops a pipe (air con pipe I think) rattling against the bulk head heat shield. I will post some pics probably on Monday now, but I basically copied someone else's work from elsewhere on this forum.

Sadly I think I know that solution too and that air con pipe is not accessible in left steering wheel cars... Well that's what I think , maybe it's a different pipe. I think I remember the post, around September of last year.. I even posted pics of my engine trying to locate it but it was inaccessible.

Thank you for your help, even if I'm not able to fix it :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,
I have SUPERB II Combi 170 HP CR TDI DSG, two years old with 65.000 km
Recently, the car was really perfect and very comfortable to ride
But now I have the same problem with vibration in the area about 1300 rev.
Vibrations are present, and when the transmission is in N and when standing in position D and when the car is standing and when the car is in motion.
It is a very small but very annoying vibration (such vibration on the phone) and I feel it on the steering wheel and the seat and the pedals (especially on my left leg, which is leaning to the car body)

It all started when the car was being serviced at 60,000 km and when the oil is changed in DSG.
Car is already several times in service and technicians have removed the sound but after a few days would all start from beginning...they said it was a problem in the air intake box.

Vibrations were still present and very annoying especially when you are driving in the city (60-70 km/h in 6. gear at 1300-1500)

The dealer changed both shaft and flywheel, but the vibrations are still present.

Does someone have a solution for this problem ... is there someone on the forum who is connected with the manufacturer?

• 3 months later...

Here's my story (airbox-related rattle at 1500 rpm)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/290331-source-of-rattle-vibration-resonance-whine/

Here's the part that caused it; (get someone to hold the car at 1500 rpm or the rpm that causes the vibration, and tap/hold the plastic bit in red);

nda4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having exactly this issue too, it makes town driving really irritating, I've begun thiking of the words "vibrating heap". Skoda have pinpointed the airfilter assembly doing a shake, rattle and roll at 1000-1500rpm. They're hopefully fixing it wed under warranty.

I was suprised how much the engine vibrates at this rev range when you observe it under the bonnet and it seems really dumb designing an engine with a heavy vibration band to coincide with the town driving. If these CR's are supposed to be smooth the PD must have been hell.

Edited by boneman

• 8 months later...

I had the same problem, for my trip to norway i have put my tires in front on 2,4 bar en back on 2,7 bar. The resonance is gone! I'm just lucky or is this the solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has just been to Garlands in Aldershot for investigation and they say they can't find any problems.  I know I'm not making it up, too inconvenient for one, as I live 8 miles away from them.  Not sure how to proceed now.  I guess if it keeps doing it, I keep taking it back to them?

Thanks Jake, I did have a play around with the air intake a couple of months ago, as per your posts, and it didn't seem to change much.  I'm beginning to wonder if the exhaust does actually have a hole somewhere.

When I picked the car up it was running just as badly as when I took it in, but the garage insist there's nothing wrong.

I guess I now need to take it to an independent garage to get it checked out fully, which will cost me for something I think should be properly investigated by a Skoda dealer, even if I have to pay up front for that.

• Like 1

Thanks Jake, I did have a play around with the air intake a couple of months ago, as per your posts, and it didn't seem to change much. I'm beginning to wonder if the exhaust does actually have a hole somewhere.

When I picked the car up it was running just as badly as when I took it in, but the garage insist there's nothing wrong.

I guess I now need to take it to an independent garage to get it checked out fully, which will cost me for something I think should be properly investigated by a Skoda dealer, even if I have to pay up front for that.

That's a shame. Did you see the posts on the [air con?] pipe rattling against the bulkhead heat liner? http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/311004-Rattle%2E%2E%2E/page__view__findpost__p__3719993 Edited by JakeBlade

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

between 1500 and 2500rpm. What could it be? Will take of the plastic cover on engine tonight and film. Any ideas?

Sent by Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, i have exactly the same annoying sound as Suprc but between 1200-1500 rpm . The dealer have replaced the airbox for me but still didnt fix the issue. Its so annying when driving in the city :( I have no idea how to solve this.

Edited by biNuu

• 1 year later...
On 14/08/2017 at 13:56, biNuu said:

Hi, i have exactly the same annoying sound as Suprc but between 1200-1500 rpm . The dealer have replaced the airbox for me but still didnt fix the issue. Its so annying when driving in the city :( I have no idea how to solve this.

Did you manage to sort this? I have the same problem, only started after my car was in for repair after a small accident- air con condenser was changed as well as front bumper and bonnet. Took it to Skoda dealer who say this noise is just injector noise which I do not believe, I drove it for months after the accident and no noise, drove it home after repair and instantly heard this annoying noise