19"wheels and low superb

I have load of problem with tyre damage with 225/40/95 18" how do you lot use normal UK roads with out having to buy new tyres all the time i have had 5 in six months i use continental tyres.

This is one of the reasons (besides fuel economy, tire price and comfort) why I stick to 205/55R16 tires on 6.5J (not 7J) wheels. I admit, the 17" Venus wheels look better, but I prefer comfort.

nice job on grill have you seen the monte carlo kit and lights for the superb they are good the lights are black inside

You mean special grill for Superb? Like on Fabia's? No, I haven't seen it. As well as black lights inside.... Do you have pics?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i had some little issues on the rear axle to get the wheels clear, but only some plastic was cutted out, no metal work at all.

i've made my grille black with matte black foil, i think now it looks more agressive and it fits perfect to the wheels and lowering.

img09691.jpg

What brand & type of rims are these on your Skoda??

I've just bought myself one as well and i would very much like to buy these rims to ^^

• 4 weeks later...

It may look good to some, but the ride, handling, tyre wear and fuel economy will be rubbish. Ultra-low-profiles are only suitable for the smoothest of surfaces. Hit one pothole and they're knackered!

• 1 month later...

Can someone please tell me what the correct fitment is for 19" x 8" wheels? tyre size and offset on a Skoda superb wagon, lowered 40mm with koni FSD and eibach? I can seem to find out what will or wont fit? everyone is different. I want to run 235 wide tyres

cheers

With the odd exception, why would do what chavs do to their Corsa's on a car that has a punch of class next to a proper prestige car like a BMW 5 or a E Class Merc?

Sent from my iPhone upside down, using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

• 4 weeks later...

48cf225c6926566a-largeblue.jpg

When you said you didn't listen to me I think you did, this was supposed to look virtually as you have had them done, y'know what happens the effect gets lost in the printing process, the car brochures always say so :giggle:

• 1 year later...

bump, found this topic a while ago. Any more awesome Superb's to show? Thinking to buy some Tomason TN1's for the Superb, is 215/45r18 8.5j ET30 good? Any clearance issues with normal suspension?

• Like 1

That's awesome, should I buy lowering springs if I put 18's? I do travel long distances tho..

Depends on if you prefer looks to outright comfort

Mine was high even on the 18's, so lowering was a necessity for me.

To be fair, the ride on the H&R's with 19's is still pretty comfortable (no complaints from passengers anyway)

Just think about things like the roads you'll be travelling on... if they are mainly motorways or decent tarmac, then you'll be fine dropping it down a bit :)

I'm running 19's, lowered 40mm on H&R's

image_zps3fca97ef.jpg

image_zpsf99996c4.jpg

Where did you get that front bumper spoiler lip, how much did it cost? The normal bumper looks a bit too round, that added a lot of aggressiveness to it :P

Glad to see someone on here has some sense (and taste) :giggle:

That looks truly SUPERB :thumbup:

What engine is it?

20121020113851.jpg20121020113844.jpg

Now, this is the real deal!  Not so much the black wheels, but the overall stance of the car here is the best I've seen - it's the only time I've seen a Superb looking properly sorted so that its ungainly angles are minimised.  Perhaps the spoiler is a key component?  Whatever, I'm a fan.