Rear fog lights

I wonder if there is any way to make a tweak to the rear fog lights using vcds ,so that they will turn on when the parking lights are on,but with the same intensity.I think it would look pretty good.

I think that would be illegal because of rear dazzle issues. Be prepared for a friendly chat with the boys and girls in navy blue (or hi-viz).

And be prepared for people like me giving you the benefit (from behind) of full headlights and front fogs.

You turn the fog lights on!?It's just that when you turn the lights on,the fog lights will be also on,but with about 20% of their intensity.When you want the fog lights,you turn them on,and they will work at 100% intensity.

To satisfy my curiosity I will try this at the end of the week.Pictures such the one I modified can't reflect the reality.There is a big chance that I won't keep this change,but there is also a big chance to have problems with VCDS,I'm not sure if it will work,I got a few issues about drivers.

To satisfy my curiosity I will try this at the end of the week.Pictures such the one I modified can't reflect the reality.There is a big chance that I won't keep this change,but there is also a big chance to have problems with VCDS,I'm not sure if it will work,I got a few issues about drivers.

What are VCDs?

Byte 10 Extra Function: Rear Fog Light left/right as Parking Light (Standard: 12%)

From what I remember,the first bit was for activation,and the second one was for the intensity of the fog lights.I'm waiting for my new genuine cable because the old one doesn't work.I'll post more details about this this week.

Nothing :| I just found out that the Cent Elect module of the Superb II is a new one,it has 30 byte,with the Convenience module included.Still it wasn't "decoded" by the ross-tech guys.

Does this mean that VAG-COM (v409) and cable (USB) will not work in the new superb? I am looking to reprogram for a retro fit bluetooth.

Quote from ross tech website:

Release 805.1 posted 24 August 2008

• Adds support for latest new model cars such as Audi Q5, Passat CC, new Skoda Superb, VW Sirocco and Passat CC.
  • Numerous small bug-fixes and stability enhancements.

I'm sure 409 won't work,because it doesn't support CAN-Bus vehicles,like the Superb II.

I tried 805.0 and 805.1 and both of them worked,and I also tried the old 704.1 but it didn't worked.

Quote from ross tech website:

Release 805.1 posted 24 August 2008

• Adds support for latest new model cars such as Audi Q5, Passat CC, new Skoda Superb, VW Sirocco and Passat CC.
  • Numerous small bug-fixes and stability enhancements.

I'm sure 409 won't work,because it doesn't support CAN-Bus vehicles,like the Superb II.

I tried 805.0 and 805.1 and both of them worked,and I also tried the old 704.1 but it didn't worked.

:eek: That now means I have to pay someone to do it!:mad: Thanks for the info.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Guys , i have the VCDS any chance you could give a step by step guide on how to do this i do use vcds alot but only for diagnostic checking and service light resets , never really got into recoding as was always worried about changing something and not being able to recover it

:smirk: :smirk: :smirk: