Cutting wooden railway sleepers

fluffy01016

If youa re a business you are not allowed to burn rubbish full stop.

Luckily as a a mere home owner you can burn prety much what you like, although they do frown if its someone elses property.

Obviously there are one or two excpetiosn eg crematoriums, incinerators.

Luckily as a a mere home owner you can burn pretty much what you like....

Not round here you can't, nor have you been able to for at least 20 years that I know of.

Might be different if living in the middle of nowhere, granted.

Mo

If youa re a business you are not allowed to burn rubbish full stop.

Luckily as a a mere home owner you can burn prety much what you like, although they do frown if its someone elses property.

Obviously there are one or two excpetiosn eg crematoriums, incinerators.

We can burn small amounts of just timber anything else is a big no no. Also home owners in parts of Scotland can't burn anything either. The laws up here are strict and in some areas to authorities are clamping down on it.

Not round here you can't, nor have you been able to for at least 20 years that I know of.

Might be different if living in the middle of nowhere, granted.

Mo

Fair point Mo, probably down to living in the countryside.

Guest musky
Since there's a gardening thread running, can I ask: if sleepers contain creosote, wouldn't it break down and leach into the soil and kill the plants? Just wondering what people buy them to use for... :confused:

Like I said used mine for raised beds and had no problems apart from them oozing tar:eek: Not really a problem until someone sat on it at a party - oops

Like I said used mine for raised beds and had no problems apart from them oozing tar:eek: Not really a problem until someone sat on it at a party - oops

Since no one else has memtioned it -I will - be very careful standing on them when temperatures drop -they get very icy and slippery .