MK1 Octavia VRS - advice on Stage 2 upgrade

Hi,

I have had the following performance mods on my VRS and love the way the car performs.

- ECU remap - Custom Code Stage 1 remap

- Diverter Valve - Forge DV007

- Exhaust - Remus Catback

- Air Filter - K&N Typhoon

Except for the odd hesitation at about 5-6000 rpm, I am other wise very satisfied with the setup so far. Have been toying with the idea of a stage 2 upgrade and have been recommended the following setup:

- ECU remap - Custom Code Stage 2 (32K)

- Forge Turbo Intake pipe (18K)

- Power Flex Dogbone Bush (3K)

- Forge Front Mounted Intercooler (98K)

- Miltek Catback Exhaust (44K) OR Miltek Full Exhaust with Cat Delete 82K) OR Miltek Full Exhaust with Sports Cat (105K)

- Tarox brake pads

- Suspension upgrade

- Bilstein Sport Struts B6 set of 4 (46K)

- Top & Bottom Braces VAG (14K)

- UK Speck Springs with Link (34K)

My queries are: Can go for the ECU remap, Turbo pipes & Powerflex, but not sure of the rest of the setup.

1) FMIC - its expensive, but is it worth it? Pl advice.

2) Should I change the exhaust? What difference can i expect if I keep my existing Remus or if I upgrade to one of the three options listed?

3) If you recommend that I change the exhaust - what is the best option in terms of value for money.

4) Suspension & Brake upgrades - Intend to do this, but later.

Can spend about 100K right now - hence cannot buy everything.

Looking forward to your advice

FMIC is worth it if you've done all the other bits and it's still not hitting the bhp figures it should be with the remap. One of the other members has a Custom Code Stage 3 remap but is getting boost cut because it's still on the standard SMIC, and the cars making about 15-20bhp less than what it should be.

Go for a turbo back exhaust with a sports cat if you can afford it, then the custom remap can take full advantage of it. Decat will put the engine check light on and you'll have to sort something out when the MOT test is due :thumbup:

Best to do the suspension and brake upgrades first. You'd be surprised at how much quicker you can put it through corners when you have some confidence in the braking and handling.

I second that.

I have the upper and lower strut braces, Whiteline RARB, R32 FARB, S3 steering rack and half a set of bloody coilovers.

My friend who has a standard vRS jumped in and wanted to know how much extra power it had.

None. It just felt like it had more...

Hi,

I also posted the same query in another forum (Team BHP is an Indian website of car enthusiasts)

The link to that post is

Skoda Octavia VRS - Should I go for the stage 2 upgrade? - Team-BHP

The advice there is mostly to keep the stage 1 map.

Still undecided but definately need more study before I go for it.

Thanks

For the FMIC do you really need to spend a fortune. Quite a few of us now have gone down the universal route for less than £200 & are happy with them. http://briskoda.net/octavia-i/another-200-fmic-fitted/141617/

At the moment I still have the CC phase1 map. At the time I had similar engine mods to what you have, but when I was deciding which map at the time to get, I was told that Its no point In having the phase2 map, at least to make the most of Its benefits, without some of the mods at the time I didn't have, most crucially the FMIC.

If you do want to do It concentrate on the suspension & brakes first:thumbup:

I am about to go for the REVO stage 2 as had the stage 1 and have all the mods ready for Stage 2. Just need the 4Bar FPR. Will post results when done.

I am about to go for the REVO stage 2 as had the stage 1 and have all the mods ready for Stage 2. Just need the 4Bar FPR. Will post results when done.

thought the fmic was pretty much crucial for stage 2?

or have i mis-read your sig?:o

• 5 years later...

Hi guys , I have just got an 18 t 4x4 hatch. Working throught the bits. Rat anti roll bars f&r a exhaust with race cats 100 cell. To back for 550. Fitted in s/s and a remap to 205 bhp , been told to use upgrade valve from skoda. A better unit than forge ?. H&r's all round and a set of reflex twin cyl gas shocks. 17" tt wheels. All very cheap. But hope with good results. Anyone used oem valve before. Cheers.

I'd say a front mount is essential if you want to be using the newly found power repeatedly, which is probably most of the time! You might find that the side mount will get heat-soaked, especially during hot weather and on the dyno during mapping/fiddling/etc.

Bowders,

I have a Revo stage 2 set up on mine with all the bits except for the 4bar fpr, the cars fine without it.

The stage 2 map was done by Midlands VW Centre in Cannock, they map it on a rolling road to make sure everything is good with the engine before, during and after mapping.

It doesn't lean off and pulls strongly and cleanly all the way through the rev range, and apparently fuelling is good throughout.

Save your money and go and get it done  :thumbup:

Bowders,

I have a Revo stage 2 set up on mine with all the bits except for the 4bar fpr, the cars fine without it.

The stage 2 map was done by Midlands VW Centre in Cannock, they map it on a rolling road to make sure everything is good with the engine before, during and after mapping.

It doesn't lean off and pulls strongly and cleanly all the way through the rev range, and apparently fuelling is good throughout.

Save your money and go and get it done [emoji106]

This post is quite a few years old buddy. I have since had REVO 2 and then more and then had REVO removed to make way for a better tunable software SHARK. I did not like the way REVO do not support deleting Sai, n112, n249 etc for my state of tune.

Normally REVO map with a 4bar fpr for stage 2, so strange you had a 3bar fpr.

Doh,

I didn't look at the date  :blush:

I thought at the time that it's odd your posting that, as you've been on here for some years advising other Octy Vrs owners.

Sorry, I'll get my coat and go hide back under my bush!  

Doh,

I didn't look at the date  :blush:

I thought at the time that it's odd your posting that, as you've been on here for some years advising other Octy Vrs owners.

Sorry, I'll get my coat and go hide back under my bush!  

lol.....no worries dude

glad you are happy with your map mate. :thumbup: