Hey guys! Not made many posts on here, but kinda hoping you can help out my old man.

He's got a '98ish Felicia 1.9D and the blower fan has just stopped working. My immediate thought was resistor pack (past experience with MK2 Golfs), but this doesn't work on any speeds at all. Fuses are all fine and everything else works. He had no failings before hand, it just stoppped.

Any ideas folks?

TIA

My first thought would be resistor pack too, but it's not unknown for it to actually be the motor brushes on these cars.

It was brushes on mine when it stopped working. After a clean it's worked ever since and didn't cost a penny. The muck in them was stopping the spring tension from pushing them in.

Hiya Cliveyp,

I had the same problem as you. What I did was loosen off the bracket that holds the motor so that I could get to both sets of brushes. I then moved the brushes up and down a bit (they can get stuck with dirt and carbon deposits) and gave them a good spray with an electrical cleaner. After securing the motor back into place, I found that the fan ran perfectly and has done ever since. If you do a search on this forum, you will find that it is a very common problem with the fans on 1.9D Felicia's. Hope this helps.

Ian

• 3 months later...

Have had a similar problem with my felicia for ages now , not very mechanically minded and don`t know how to access blower motor, its stopped working completely now and getting unuseable when weather cold fear that if I can`t fix will be forced into scrapping the little beauty. After calling in at local garage was told it was a big job and meant taking out all dashboard is this the only way .

thanks a desperate SKODA lover

I had the same problem when I bought the Felly last year, and it was one of the spring that holds the brush in contact with the rotor which had broken from being rusty.

Replaced it with one from a "clicking pen", and it saved me 60€!

Give it a look first! ;)

Have had a similar problem with my felicia for ages now , not very mechanically minded and don`t know how to access blower motor, its stopped working completely now and getting unuseable when weather cold fear that if I can`t fix will be forced into scrapping the little beauty. After calling in at local garage was told it was a big job and meant taking out all dashboard is this the only way .

thanks a desperate SKODA lover

It's not a big job, it is all accessible from under the bonnet and replacement should take a maximum of an hour, It is all under that central grille between the wipers, this unclips and the motor un bolts. The motors are different between petrol and diesel models, though a petrol one can be adapted to fit a diesel.

• 10 months later...

HI there

I have been having similar problems with the blower on my Felica diesel too, in completely stoppped working the other day, I checked the fuse and it hadn't blown, then it has starting working intermitently again since, speeding up and slowing down and stopping altogether.

I was just wondering if that means its knackered or just needs a clean as suggested by other here??

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Matt