Skoda Octavia WRC Limited Edition...The Facts.

As a matter of interest, there was a silver Octy with WRC graphics at the 2007 Doksy meet in the Czech Republic - attended by a few Briskodians.

As far as I know its was a "standard" car with the graphics added - I believe they were available as a retrofit item (for around £1k).

I have a pic of it (next to a WRC model) but no further details sorry...

BriskodaPrague2007-173.jpg

• Like 1

As a matter of interest, there was a silver Octy with WRC graphics at the 2007 Doksy meet in the Czech Republic - attended by a few Briskodians.

As far as I know its was a "standard" car with the graphics added - I believe they were available as a retrofit item (for around £1k).

I have a pic of it (next to a WRC model) but no further details sorry...

BriskodaPrague2007-173.jpg

Interestingly enough, that picture shows the WRC as being car 42....one we havent "found" yet! Im going to stick my neck on the line and say those graphics on the silver car are not genuine Skoda WRC items....my reasoning for this would be the fact the rear door handles are not covered, the front bumper rubbing strips are covered in green and the red used is not the same peachy-red used on the WRC!

Great work, a good read! Thanks for the mention of my car, No72!

I too have been searching for some history on these, and have found very little information out there.

Thanks,

Matt

The stickers on the silver one are not the genuine Skoda ones... The red looks like a solid block of colour unlike the standard one which is made up of small dots. Also the shape of the flying arrow on the rear doors is different. I like it though.

Great write up Mike, enjoyed reading it. My graphics were removed/sprayed over by the dealer in Aberdeen, unfortunately this has now made my car go a bit cream coloured instead of candy white. All my headlining is like a beize/cream colour.

Ross

WRC_068

Thanks guys, if anyone can think of anything else to add...please do so. Im hoping this page will serve as a reference point for other people trying to find info on the WRC.

On another note....what other WRC cars have headlining in black? Id be interested to know at what build number they changed the colour from grey.

I wonder when they changed from creamy beige to grey or black

On another note....what other WRC cars have headlining in black? Id be interested to know at what build number they changed the colour from grey.

Light grey headlining in mine. (No 72)

Matt

• 1 month later...

Hello

Friend of mine with that no. 42 has some problems with his account, so I promissed him that ill write some words. :)

Here in Czech, there are 4 WRC editions 24, 32, 42 and 28 and i know about one from Slovakia no. 18 and Im in contact with some from Germany.

They all are meeting together on some car events. If you want,we could manage meeting of WRC Editions and maybee for other RS models too :). Like Briskoda trip from 2006 and 2007.

rswrceng.jpg