Cigarette lighter not working

Goodmorning everyone,

Has anyone had problem with cigarette lighter on skoda octavia 2000 model???

Mine doesnt work, have checked fuse number 41 and it appears to be ok. I am in process of removing front car seat out trying to find where does wiring loom goes and see where is breakage.

Any suggestion:confused:

yes i mean lighter socket doesnt have any power. It has a constant earth and ilumination thin wire for the bulb but positive for cigarette lighter not there. Have checked fuse number 41 and it appears to be ok. obviously there is a breakage in wire between fuse box and socket???????

ahhhh. i need to have close look in elsa win establish and check wiring diagram where does the power for cigarette lighter comes from??

its going to be either directly from fuse board

or

if it has child lock function it must have cigarette lighter relay somewhere???

totally confused

Funnily enough I found out about it some years ago, after going through a similar diagnostic process. I suspect that it was designed that way is because the lighter socket is a fair way back, where it can be reached by rear seat passengers.

well done fordfan,

you have saved me lot of agruvation and time planned for tommorow. I was going to pull driver seat out and follow wire where it goes, but then you appeared and saved the the day.

You were my MAN of the day

once again, sincere thank you

I have been following this thread with interest as I like to find hidden functions such as this.

Tried it this morning on my 03 Elegance Estate and it the cigar socket is live all the time.

This socket and the one in the boot seem to be wired in parallel and always on, just as shown in the Haynes Manual.

Is this a difference between saloon/hatchback and the estate perhaps?