• Announcements

• ColinD

2017 EMail Issues - Post Upgrade   23/01/17

Hi,   Following a successful upgrade of our old code; being out of support we had to upgrade, we've encountered an unforeseen in preview and testing issue with our production email.   This means that email isn't sending as well as it should. You might ask for the email and we might send it, it also might get blocked by your ISP. Btinternet, AOL and Yahoo are well known for blocking.   We're working on it and I hope to have an solution working shortly.    Out of all that could of gone wrong, this isn't the worst case   As to other issues and 'change' as I said, it's forced upon us. To not change is irresponsible. More updates to follow once we're past our initial snag list.   There's only one working on it though; me, so please be patient, read the support topics, spend a few minutes, it's not that different once you get over the shock.   Cheers,   Colin   Snag List Topic >>       

What is Maxidot???

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

32 posts in this topic

Mydealer said maxidot is exactly the same as the normal on board computer just the display is white on black so I decided not to bother.

On reading through the site everyone seems to go for it, is there something I dont know???

It also allows radio, CD and Navigation (if fitted) information to be displayed. Also you can configure some options, coming/leaving home lights etc which you cant with the non-Maxidot clocks.

A worthy upgrade I think.

I decided to opt for it as it comes with part of the leather steering wheel option with remote controls. I'm not sure which additional functions it has compared to the non-maxidot display but it does allow you to change quite a lot of settings and displays quite a lot of information.

Your dealer is wrong. What I've learned is: if you have a question about Skodas, don't ask a dealer or Skoda UK, ask Briskoda and then [I]tell[/I] your dealer. Seriously.

I got Maxidot on mine, and I like it, mainly because it looks posh (I like the little picture of the car showing you which door is open!) and it can show audio information.

To be honest, I'm not sure the few extra options you can access are life changing, though I am glad to be able to disable the annoying "comfort indicators"!

SOLD,

only thing is will I be able to change my order now it's already in?????????

[quote name='mannyo']I think you can change your order upto a few weeks before the build date.[/quote]

Theres no change is could put back the delivery date??

[quote name='VRSbilly']Theres no change is could put back the delivery date??[/quote]

You mean the build date I guess? Unlikely If your build week has been allocated by the factory.

Phonecall tomorrow,

Im now looking at what else I can add.......

Xenons.....? A bit dear.......

Once the build date is 'committed' then you cannot change the options (so the dealer says).

Maxidot can be retro-fiited, but this costs more than adding it as an option. A search on this site will give you more info.

I have just added maxi dot to my order.got it tax free too... :thumbup:

will check the build date is unaffected!

Well done VRSbilly :thumbup: I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

[quote name='VRSbilly']I have just added maxi dot to my order.got it tax free too... :thumbup:

will check the build date is unaffected![/quote]

Would be interested to know what your build date is. Mine is Week 41 and I was unable to make any changes to the options (in Week 37, i.e. 4 weeks before build).

[quote name='GriffoVRS']Would be interested to know what your build date is. Mine is Week 41 and I was unable to make any changes to the options (in Week 37, i.e. 4 weeks before build).[/QUOTE]

Not sure of the week number but my build date is the second week in October and car should be ready mid November apparently.

Dealer told me, amd I quote.....

"[COLOR=black][I]Build time shouldn’t be affected at all it should remain the same[/I]"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][SIZE=2]Don't know if i'm filled with confidence![/SIZE][/COLOR]

How did you manage to get an FL VRS in Anthracite Billy?

Only the LE & non-VRS comes in this colour according to Skoda UK.

by telling the dealer rather than asking him,

they DO do it and dont let them say otherwise... check the skoda website.

[quote name='gadgetman']How did you manage to get an FL VRS in Anthracite Billy?

Only the LE & non-VRS comes in this colour according to Skoda UK.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but oddly I noticed that while on the skoda uk site the downlload brochure doesn't list the grey as an option, when you do the build your own thingy it does come up as an option now. I can only guess that it is part of the facelift changes, piloted by the LE...

[quote name='Delacroix']Yes, but oddly I noticed that while on the skoda uk site the downlload brochure doesn't list the grey as an option, when you do the build your own thingy it does come up as an option now. I can only guess that it is part of the facelift changes, piloted by the LE...[/QUOTE]

Dealer told me that they are not adverising it untill all the Limited Editions have been sold.

So they appear more 'Limited' than they are I guess :D

[quote name='GriffoVRS']Would be interested to know what your build date is. Mine is Week 41 and I was unable to make any changes to the options (in Week 37, i.e. 4 weeks before build).[/QUOTE]

To go back to this one.... just got a call from my dealer who now says NO i cant add anything to my order so now I cant get Maxidot after he initially told me it wasnt a problem!

I asked him my build week and he said its week 45 anyone know when this is?

He also said it may change.... anyone had anything like this happen?

[quote name='VRSbilly']
I asked him my build week and he said its week 45 anyone know when this is?
[/QUOTE]

Week 45 is 1st week in November 2009.

So it should be here, by the 2nd week of December, if you're lucky, so it'll be very close.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']So it should be here, by the 2nd week of December, if you're lucky, so it'll be very close.[/QUOTE]

What will be close?

If your car's being built in Wk45, delivery & registration for the December deadline.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']If your car's being built in Wk45, delivery & registration for the December deadline.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, what are the concequeces if its not ready before this december deadline?

[quote name='VRSbilly']Sorry, what are the concequeces if its not ready before this december deadline?[/QUOTE]

The VAT-free offer expires (if you are making use of this current Skoda UK promotion?), so theoretically you could be hit for 17.5% VAT at the time you collect the car and pay the outstanding balance.