vRS Mudflaps - where can I get them?

Just picked up a diesel vRS estate, and the dealer told me mudflaps could not be fitted. Is this correct. Does anyone know where I can get some, and how easy are they to fit?

Thanks.

Here's my understanding. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think:

Front: same as all other Octavia II's (except Scout).

Rear: Facelift cars (except Scout) all have the same rear bumper, which is the same as the pre-facelift vRS (?).

Part code: KEA 600 001A I think that's what you want. (from Skoda Auto accessories brochure)

The brochure says: "Rear mud flaps (KEA 600 001A – Style; KEA 600 001 – Classic"

Presume this means:

KEA 600 001A will fit prefacelift vRS and all facelift cars (except Scout)

KEA 600 001 will fit prefacelift non-VRS cars (except Scout)

Note that before the facelift was launched, there wasn't a rear mudflap to fit the vRS bumper.

So there's talk of bending the flaps with hairdryers and things if you search the forum.

Now the facelift is out, and all with the vRS rear bumper, Skoda made a mudflap to fit.

oh, and if you can get the flaps, fitting is really easy. You just need a Torx screwdriver (T25 i think).

Just undo the existing screws holding the wheel arch trim in place, pop the screws through the holes in the flaps and do them back up.

Here's my understanding. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think:

Front: same as all other Octavia II's (except Scout).

Rear: Facelift cars (except Scout) all have the same rear bumper, which is the same as the pre-facelift vRS (?).

Part code: KEA 600 001A I think that's what you want. (from Skoda Auto accessories brochure)

The brochure says: "Rear mud flaps (KEA 600 001A – Style; KEA 600 001 – Classic"

Presume this means:

KEA 600 001A will fit prefacelift vRS and all facelift cars (except Scout)

KEA 600 001 will fit prefacelift non-VRS cars (except Scout)

All we need now is a price for them - can anyone help out?

All we need now is a price for them - can anyone help out?

I wouldn't trust anything from Skoda UK's marketing material.

It's full of mistakes and the current brochure lists the same part number for rear mudflap as the 2008 pre-facelift brochure. I'm sure that's wrong, as they have different bumpers.

Try taking the part numbers to a dealer.

Does anyone know if the rears can be fitted with the wheels still on (I've 18's on a pre-facelift Mark 2 if that makes any odds).

I am definitely after a set of rears - got fronts already & was put off the rears by all the talk of needing to use a hairdryer etc etc...and didn't fancy the rallyflaps type !

Got to be the right time of year to fit them too...any pics of them fitted?

Does anyone know if the rears can be fitted with the wheels still on (I've 18's on a pre-facelift Mark 2 if that makes any odds).

I am definitely after a set of rears - got fronts already & was put off the rears by all the talk of needing to use a hairdryer etc etc...and didn't fancy the rallyflaps type !

Got to be the right time of year to fit them too...any pics of them fitted?

it should be possible with a scoket wrench and torx adapter but its LOTS easier with the wheels off due toi having to bend them into shape :D

Cheers Sparky2 - they look great on - but I think you've saved me some grief - I've neither the time, nor the patience...nor the skill ! to be honest - If it's the same process to get them on the Vrs - I'll stick with a dirty back bumper !!!!

Good effort on getting the pics together. Thanks

I'm no further forward with this, despite some good suggestions. I parked next to a standard estate the other day, and couldn't see any differneces in the bodywork at the front wheel arch, although there was a minor difference in the styling of the rear bumper. Has anyone fitted flaps to a VRS, or got pictures? As stated, the part numbers seem all wrong in the brochures. It seems that finding out is just too much effort for my dealer..... or maybe it's because he was meant to pay for them ;)

Very frustrating :mad:

Fitted front and back to my 2008 vrs hatch got fronts from dealer and rears of e bay for half price, piece of cake to fit, just got octavia ones from dealer as they will tell you not available for vrs but fronts go straight on,rears were for all model octavia not vrs but went on easy enough after warming them up,

I parked next to a standard estate the other day, and couldn't see any differneces in the bodywork at the front wheel arch, although there was a minor difference in the styling of the rear bumper.

Was the standard estate a facelift car?

oh, and if you can get the flaps, fitting is really easy. You just need a Torx screwdriver (T25 i think).

Just undo the existing screws holding the wheel arch trim in place, pop the screws through the holes in the flaps and do them back up.

"if you can get the flaps" seems to be the important bit...I decided to take the plunge & get a rear set for my pre facelift Vrs...armed with the code you kindly provided Mr Hugo...off I went to my local dealer...only to be greeted with a look like I'd just landed from Mars...' no mate - I don't think you get them '....further discussions followed...and a piece of paper showing only the non Vrs coded ones was thrust at me.

Can anyone confirm that these revised ones do 'officially' exist...and where I can get a set & for how much?

To cap my day off - some d1ckhead has scrapped along my front passenger wheelarch - either a careless door or a dozy parker - I am very careful where I park...cos I know not everyone is...it's not too serious & should sort with a wee touch up...frustrating all the same!

On the pre-facelift vRS (and probably the facelift as well) you could try a set of these;- Performance Creations ~ Rallyflapz, Slampanelz, Interior Exterior Car Styling

Loads more info in this thread;- http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/rally-mudflaps-octavia-vrs/67247/

Happy reading. :thumbup:

My dealer knows nothing about the new flaps mentioned that,according to the above,might be a direct fit to the VRS.....however he did say he was still using the 2009 parts software and when (shortly according to him) he gets the 2010 software they then may exist.:confused:

Off topic a little. Does anyone knows if the Scout fender rubber add on the side will fit the VRS easily?

It ought to as the Scout uses the same bodyshell (doors, wings etc.); but have to ask in Gods creation WHY?

Got my rear mudflaps off fleabay, from a Skoda dealer in Scotland and, as others have said, with a bit of patience and a hairdryer, they fit fine. Didn't bother taking the wheels off either.

It ought to as the Scout uses the same bodyshell (doors, wings etc.); but have to ask in Gods creation WHY?

I live in a place where shopping trolleys are attracted to the car. There are dinks on the wheel arch like fighter pilots marking kills on their bi-planes:rofl:

Tired of been on first name basis with the usual joe at the Paint shop and been on Painless Dent favorit customer of the year award show.:D

Would a very sticky 3M tape do the trick of fixing it, or do u need to drill a hole to attach the parts?

Paul007 - how much patience? Time involved...doing them without the wheels off appeals - did you need to do any cutting etc?

Not much. Bucket of hot water, leave them to soak, dry off and get the hairdryer going to give extra flexibility. No cutting. Use the holes of the wheelarch liner, coax into place and tighten up. Jack up as far as you dare to give you enough room to work in. Takes about an hour in total. The fitting of the last hole underneath is the real pain - you might get away with just the two screw holes on the arch. There's a thread on here about "how to", somewhere.