Yeti - Forum Members Picture Thread

Krooked

Thought i'd start a specific thread for all those who have actually received their Snow Monsters.

I've seen a seen a few of pics on a couple threads of actual members cars. But not many. Start posting them here please......

We collected my wife's Yeti today, everything as ordered plus we were given a scale model Yeti (the car, not the monster), a furry keyring and a pen - which was a nice touch! More pictures to follow (including the Gobi Sand interior for those who haven't seen it) when it isn't dark and raining! And hopefully I get to drive it tomorrow.

705004387_pGP9P-L.jpg

Please find attached some photo's of my Snow-monster which I collected yesterday evening.

Just let me know if there is any particular info or image you would like regard the SE spec and I will try sort it out.

Note: the internal image, optional off-road function and TPM. The front image is with the engine running and day time running lights on; part of the light assist option.

• Like 1

Please find attached some photo's of my Snow-monster which I collected yesterday evening.

Just let me know if there is any particular info or image you would like regard the SE spec and I will try sort it out.

Note: the internal image, optional off-road function and TPM. The front image is with the engine running and day time running lights on; part of the light assist option.

Great pictures (getting more jealous by the second :o) are the radio controls touch screen on SE model? Cant remember if you deceided to have paint protection by dealer :)

As promised, some more pictures. First, the Gobi Sand interior - it is definitely a shade darker than your typical beige, more "mushroom" or, as Chris at Fish Bros described it, "putty". Note the contrast with the door pillar trim. Nice though, and suits this type of car well - as do the black carpets.

705793386_cMt2Q-L.jpg

705793319_3QAnf-L.jpg

Some more general pics:

705792786_BSXXN-L.jpg

705793033_BcueP-L.jpg

705793008_fuZK8-L.jpg

Anyone care to guess the airfield in the background of the last two?

Mark

West country reg plate (Bristol DVLA) will try Filton.

By the way fantastic Snow-monster, bet you and your good lady are well pleased.

Thanks - yes, now covered 100 miles including some enjoyable brisk country A-roads. How's yours going? EDIT: Just seen your other thread!

And no, not Filton though you are both in the right part of the country.

Edited by mbrock

Have you got some pics of the dash trim strip thingy? I really like the look and feel of the one on the Elegance so curious to see what the SE one looks like and your opinion of it's feel. I know it sounds silly but I think the strip in the Elegance feels really expensive and lifts the interior nicely!

Also, re: interiors, really liking the Gobi leather on mbrock's Elegance there, might go for that if/when I order.

Great pictures (getting more jealous by the second :o) are the radio controls touch screen on SE model? Cant remember if you deceided to have paint protection by dealer :)

Yes Bolero radio is touch screen very easy to use although still finding all the features but I am not a great music person anyway although the 8 speaker system sounds good to my ears. Also display is used by the climate control system and the parking sensors (so far).

Yes went for the paint protection, seems OK jury still out as I have only had the car a day but I thought this time I would give it a go as I have turned it down in the past, appreciate most people say it's a waste of time.

Yup. Bloke at work was telling me he was involved doing some deep maintenance on a vc10 RAF Tanker. They'd drained all the fuel out, as the last bloke stepped off the aircraft, it slowly reared up and sat on its bum.

They'd forgotten to drain the fin - oooops.

Bristol then ? (but looks more RAF than commercial ?) st athan ?

Have you got some pics of the dash trim strip thingy? I really like the look and feel of the one on the Elegance so curious to see what the SE one looks like and your opinion of it's feel. I know it sounds silly but I think the strip in the Elegance feels really expensive and lifts the interior nicely!

Also, re: interiors, really liking the Gobi leather on mbrock's Elegance there, might go for that if/when I order.

Took the attached photos in September from a dealer stock Yeti SE. Like yourself very impressed with the Elegance 'cosmic' trim but the SE 'quartz' is growing on me and goes well with the onyx silver seat material. Touch wise very smooth finish and probably the best 'shiny' trim strip I have seen in terms of quality.

The Elegance was just out of my price limit but the SE with a few options more than meets my needs and so far extremely pleased with it.

Took the attached photos in September from a dealer stock Yeti SE. Like yourself very impressed with the Elegance 'cosmic' trim but the SE 'quartz' is growing on me and goes well with the onyx silver seat material. Touch wise very smooth finish and probably the best 'shiny' trim strip I have seen in terms of quality.

The Elegance was just out of my price limit but the SE with a few options more than meets my needs and so far extremely pleased with it.

Thanks for that.

I'm gonna try and see as many different types and combinations of Yeti interior as I can before ordering, although that won't be for quite a while yet. The strip on the SE looks nice too.

Yup. Bloke at work was telling me he was involved doing some deep maintenance on a vc10 RAF Tanker. They'd drained all the fuel out, as the last bloke stepped off the aircraft, it slowly reared up and sat on its bum.

They'd forgotten to drain the fin - oooops.

Bristol then ? (but looks more RAF than commercial ?) st athan ?

Those Conways are heavy then!

Not either of those places - definitely an MoD airfield and within an hour's drive of Hungerford.:)

Those Conways are heavy then!

Not either of those places - definitely an MoD airfield and within an hour's drive of Hungerford.:)

Might have said Kemble but I think that's more than an hour.

Other options Chivenor or Exeter

Edit

Anyway which Hungerford there's at least two.

Edited by The Plumber

So which models have the wood finish dash trim strip thingy that you see on some website pictures?

Is it an extra?

Anyone got any photos of it on their car?

tom

Not a UK option as far as I am aware. European market has a much wider choice of trim options than the very conservative UK.

What do I win...?!

Bit of a process of elimination after others' guesses and a peep at my 1/2 mil flying chart then a bit on Google maps. It beat doing some paperwork for work for 30 minutes on a Saturday evening!

They do a lot of secret squirrel stuff there so may be some cunning defense mechanism stuff for when they are going towards the desert.... Flew in a few VC10s including in one of the first RAF ones returning from Singapore to the UK in the mid 60s - I was aged 4 1/2 before anyone comments...

Good game - perhaps the start of a 'Spot the Snow Monster Location' competition! :thumbup:

You win! Not sure what the VC10 is actually doing there, mind.

Landed at Boscombe in the BBMF Dakota with no indication that the main landing gear was down and locked (in the pilots words I have no greens). Successful landing, pilot then decided to fly back to base (Coningsby) but leaving the gear down.

On landing back at base the port main hub broke up and the aircraft came of the runway, pilot comes running down the fuselage "best get out boys" and he's out the para door and across the field.

Thanks skipper what happened to the captain being the last man.:(