Yeti - Forum Members Picture Thread

Krooked

What do I win...?!

Bit of a process of elimination after others' guesses and a peep at my 1/2 mil flying chart then a bit on Google maps. It beat doing some paperwork for work for 30 minutes on a Saturday evening!

They do a lot of secret squirrel stuff there so may be some cunning defense mechanism stuff for when they are going towards the desert.... Flew in a few VC10s including in one of the first RAF ones returning from Singapore to the UK in the mid 60s - I was aged 4 1/2 before anyone comments...

Good game - perhaps the start of a 'Spot the Snow Monster Location' competition! :thumbup:

Oh dear, I seem to have given away my last cigar! You'll have to make do with the fame and celebrity status.

"Spot the Snow Monster" sounds good, but bear in mind someone identified the exact location of this, on an unclassified road, (apologies for non-Skoda content :o) in about the first or second reply! :eek:

638510942_VRByi-M.jpg

OK Snow-monster location spotting. Should get this one, although it may depend on your TV viewing habits.

Almost 200 miles now, had a ride out stopped for fish & chips in Whitby. Stretched the Snow-monster a bit more today, first overtake with ease.

Had a couple of very minor niggles, a fairly quite and random creak/rattle from the dash which was difficult to pinpoint (kept thinking it was the ignition key fob but sadly not) and a unusual radio incident where it was trying to play two local radio stations at the same time. Very strange hearing a local add with music playing over the top. Switched to Radio 1 for a while, been fine since.

Hopefully with more running in these may settle down.

We have exactly the same car except I don't have the off road option. Do you find the handbrake a bit awkward with the armrest?I have got used to it, but it is the only negative I can find in what is an excellent vehicle.

PS Given your photo are you intending to use your YETI as a hearse?

We have exactly the same car except I don't have the off road option. Do you find the handbrake a bit awkward with the armrest?I have got used to it, but it is the only negative I can find in what is an excellent vehicle.

PS Given your photo are you intending to use your YETI as a hearse?

Not really used the armrest yet but I don't expect much difficulty as the set-up is very similar to my previous Golf V albeit your further away from the armrest in terms of height.

As to funeral services, hadn't thought of that but I am sure the old Snow-monster could turn it's hand to anything. Good job it's a TV/film set though.

I take it the same colour as well; personally very pleased with Corrida Red. Not sure if I will be doing much off-roading but went for off-road function and rough-road pack for winter driving (flooded roads and occasional heavy snowfalls that we get round here).

Edited by The Plumber
typo

Not really used the armrest yet but I don't expect much difficulty as the set-up is very similar to my previous Golf V albeit your further away from the armrest in terms of height.

As to funeral services, hadn't thought of that but I am sure the old Snow-monster could turn it's hand to anything. Good job it's a TV/film set though.

I take it the same colour as well; personally very pleased with Corrida Red. Not sure if I will be doing much off-roading but went for off-road function and rough-road pack for winter driving (flooded roads and occasional heavy snowfalls that we get round here).

Yes, Corrida Red with rough-road pack, spare wheel, hill hold and light assist. I am just about to move to the Cairngorms area and wanted a vehicle that was 4x4 but drove like a car......and I have definitely found it. I am so impressed. I hope you enjoy yours too.

Did anyone go for the space saver wheel? If so appreciate some pics of it in place.

What tyres did your Yeti come with?

What does the rear like look like in the dark? i.e. normal side light, brake light, fog light and reverse light.

Almost 200 miles now, had a ride out stopped for fish & chips in Whitby.

Magpie cafe? We enjoyed jumping the queue there a couple of years ago as our friends from Scarborough knew the owners. Got some looks mind... Then we came out to see a Viking funeral taking place in the harbour! Apparently a well-liked local man who drowned helping someone out with a boat.

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/Viking-funeral-for-swordsman-Jeff.1065724.jp

Edited by mbrock

Yes, Corrida Red with rough-road pack, spare wheel, hill hold and light assist. I am just about to move to the Cairngorms area and wanted a vehicle that was 4x4 but drove like a car......and I have definitely found it. I am so impressed. I hope you enjoy yours too.

Hi Yonderend,

this might sound daft but I reckon you may have my 'first' Yeti. Did you factory order or was she from stock.

I ordered one at the beginning of August built WK37 but turned up missing options and your spec is exactly as this Snow-monster arrived.

The piccy is Goathland ? Remember getting the steam train there a few years ago.

Said it should be straight forward; yes Goathland and the garage from the Heartbeat drama series which I understand is no more.

Parked in the station car park; only running trains to Pickering at the moment as they are replacing a bridge going the other way to Grosmont.

Magpie cafe? We enjoyed jumping the queue there a couple of years ago as our friends from Scarborough knew the owners. Got some looks mind... Then we came out to see a Viking funeral taking place in the harbour! Apparently a well-liked local man who drowned helping someone out with a boat.

Viking funeral for swordsman Jeff - Whitby Gazette

No, often a queue as you say and there are other places that we think are just as good. This time we went to the Quayside which is just before the Magpie (also have a smaller shop down one of the side streets but it was closed).

Came through Scarborough on the way home, stopped at Halfords to get a new microfibre wash mitt for cleaning the Snow-monster, already looking ready for a good wash. Have to wait till next weekend.

Hi Yonderend,

this might sound daft but I reckon you may have my 'first' Yeti. Did you factory order or was she from stock.

I ordered one at the beginning of August built WK37 but turned up missing options and your spec is exactly as this Snow-monster arrived.

Hi Plumber, It was from stock. From memory, the dealer offered me 3 or 4 Corrida Reds that were already in the UK (not at the dealer). I only wanted a spare wheel and the rough road package and this one fitted the bill. The light assist and hill hold control was only an extra £100, so I decided to take it. I'm so sorry if this was meant for you, but the impression I got from the dealer was that it was at the dock and unspoken for.

Hi Plumber, It was from stock. From memory, the dealer offered me 3 or 4 Corrida Reds that were already in the UK (not at the dealer). I only wanted a spare wheel and the rough road package and this one fitted the bill. The light assist and hill hold control was only an extra £100, so I decided to take it. I'm so sorry if this was meant for you, but the impression I got from the dealer was that it was at the dock and unspoken for.

Hi Yonderend,

Think then it must be the one I originally ordered. When I found out it was not to spec (had just arrived in UK so would have been at Grimsby docks I think) I asked the dealer to re-order. Unfortunatly she was supposed to have the off-road button as well.

So I now have a very similar Yeti to you but with the off-road button and I added corner fogs and TPM. Almost changed the colour as well on the second order but very glad I didn't.

Good to hear my first order found an appreciative home.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

can someone post some interior pictures of passengers in the rears seats, so I get an idea of leg room. My kids are tall....eldest is over 6.0" so I need space !!.

The Yeti looks a bit cramped, am I wrong ? Thank you.

Julie

Hello,

can someone post some interior pictures of passengers in the rears seats, so I get an idea of leg room. My kids are tall....eldest is over 6.0" so I need space !!.

Julie

Things one does in the name of the Snow-monster; next door must think I have gone barking taking photo's of the car at 10:15pm.

Anyway I am just over 6' and with the drivers seat set for me, when sitting directly behind my knees just lightly touch the drivers seat.

P.S. excuse the 'granddad' slippers just could not be bothered to sort out shoes at this time of night.

Julie

Yes! :D

I'm not a 6-footer but I would have thought the Yeti was as roomy in the back as most people would need. No people (or monsters) in the pics below but hopefully might give you more of a feel.

716522269_74yJf-L.jpg

716522300_w4YHz-L.jpg

Just a word of warning - chances are the rear headrests will be pushed right down if you try one out in the showroom - once you raise them to the right height, the seats will feel much more comfortable even though the backrests are a bit short. Also make sure they are pushed all the way back (the adjusters are under the front of each seat in the centre).

Failing that, try a Superb!

Mark

Another one for the album :D

Is this there demonstrator ??? i swear it was parked outside on Sunday, just a bit dirty with dealer decals on the sides.

I was going to arrange a test drive, but i don't think they has 1.2 TSI model.

Is this there demonstrator ??? i swear it was parked outside on Sunday, just a bit dirty with dealer decals on the sides.

I was going to arrange a test drive, but i don't think they has 1.2 TSI model.

It was there on Sunday. I drove it on Saturday and then bought it. They are getting a 1.2 TSI in about a week to 10 days time. If you speak to Niel (the finance man) or Yin. They will give you more details.

Anyway, thats what I was told yesterday when I collected my monster. :thumbup:

Hope is is of interest

Huge thanks to

Aerofurb,Plumber Mbrock and Ray Green for your assistance,I'm very grateful. At the moment I can't view the attached jpeg photos,could this be down to the site getting *uggered?

I'm going to pop to my local dealer and intend to have a good poke around !

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes it is great to have the forum back. A little bit of a palaver sighing in but its going now!

Is that the colour coffee? I cannot quite remember the name

Happy to see new site up and running. Looks good.

Just wanted to show a couple of pictures of my Cappuccino Beige 1.8TSi. Great car with an excellent motor.

Picture1

Picture2

seo

Hi,

Yes it is great to have the forum back. A little bit of a palaver sighing in but its going now!

Is that the colour coffee? I cannot quite remember the name

Only name of the colour I know is Cappuccino Beige (in Norway). Maybe it has other names in different countries.

Since cappuccino is some sort of coffee, maybe the name could be coffee as well

Edited by seo