How to remove center console around hand brake / how to change cigarette socket

jowjow

I have a skoda fabia vrs and I want to change the cigarette lighter socket which won't pull out so I believe I need to remove the whole center console.

I have hunted high and low for an answer to this. I have removed the torx screws and lifted it up but cannot work out how to remove the plastic bit below the hand brake so that I can lift the whole center section out. I want to replace the cigarette lighter socket.

I need to remove the bit below the handbrake so that the console will slide over the handbrake, shown in the picture below:

http://a170.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/108/l_85dea4f24f7dc5a5ca0e3df8777c81a9.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by jowjow

• 1 year later...

I have a skoda fabia vrs and I want to change the cigarette lighter socket which won't pull out so I believe I need to remove the whole center console.

I have hunted high and low for an answer to this. I have removed the torx screws and lifted it up but cannot work out how to remove the plastic bit below the hand brake so that I can lift the whole center section out. I want to replace the cigarette lighter socket.

I need to remove the bit below the handbrake so that the console will slide over the handbrake, shown in the picture below:

http://a170.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/108/l_85dea4f24f7dc5a5ca0e3df8777c81a9.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you ever find out how to do this? I need to replace the lighter socket and it doesnt want to come out... Do you need to remove the centre console?

Give it a blimmin good tug and it does pop off. I recently did this to cure a rattle i was getting between the cover gaitor and the lower console. Dave

Edited by dwappat

The plastic bit under the handbrake is just a tight fit. Good idea to wear a glove, but just put a finger in under the lever and pull hard. As for the console itself, if you pull it upwards at the back, it will tip up and you can get at the lighter socket without taking the whole off.