Official Yeti Owners List

mannyo

Agerbundsen: Good Morning.

Well what an amazingly comprehensive report. It covered practically every aspect. Well done. May I congratulate you on you most excellent English comprehension, very good sentence and paragraph construction. Far better than my overly long confused ramblings. Please forgive my observations by the way. It must be very exciting for you to have you new car. I see that your report was very early on our clock but I guess that your at least one hour ahead of London time possibly 2 hrs. Maybe you were up especially early because of excitement, I would not blame you.

i am sure that your mpg or L/100km will improve. The engine is very tight right now to be sure. It will loosen up with better power also. Interesting that you note the relative quietness against the Octy. I am not familiar with this car but I guess that it is quite an achievement to keep the db so low. Obviously your driving an elevated luxury saloon. Your right about the appearance I feel, It will surprise many when it powers past. This shape of vehicle is more usually associated with the green movement and most will see it as a plodder for carrying organic produce and would make a suitable prop for "The Good Life" ( a charming popular old Alternative Life Style Sit Com, much enjoyed over here as will be the Yeti)

Well, their are not many self confessed Pipe Smokers on any of the many forums that I trawl, including European Scandinavian pages. Perhaps the Yeti having such Green pretensions will encourage you to give up. :happy: Ups sorry no harassment on this forum! :hi: Any images for us to enjoy? Thank you for your report and keep us informed how you get on. :thumbup:

Cor, Blimey mate Antony,

I ought to have the lingo down arrwright. Two years in Camberley, a stint in Huddersfield, up 't hill and down 't snicket and all plus 32 years in United Bluff, I have spoken Einglish/Amuurican longer than I have Danish - and still use it daily in working with customers all over. The ungodly early hours has become a habit from living in new England and having customers in England. Now that has changed, and I can communicate with my Japanese customer early in the morning and get answers for the EU crowd the same day. It is also a good excuse for an afternoon nap.

I have not figured out how to post pics as yet, but I suppose I will some day.

As for the pipe, that is my choice and my environment. in others' environment, I abstain as appropriate.

Not only perfect grammar but fluent control of the vernacular slang also! Most impressive. I only have loose control of my own tongue and and when written that is punctuated with dyslexic scribble. I have friends who speak in many languages one of whom who talks practically every European language that I can think of, all the main ones French Germanics, Latins Italian, Spanish plus Polish, Slavics, Russian and some lesser known languages such as Welsh etc. I probably do him an injustice by missing a whole lot out. He learnt Welsh in 6 months after being told by a Welsh Doctor that it was a very difficult language and he would never do it in a month of sundays, he speaks it as fluently as the others. I have heard him rabbit on in conversation. Go goes at it like a bull in a China shop. Watches constant Satellite TV but not SKY. He uses dedicated national channels broadcast from whatever country he targets. He then goes to those countries, usually on his own and involves himself with the locals. He used to drive over to Iron Curtain Countries and hoist his huge receiving disk on the top of his Landrover and watch their TV. He did this outside Militay bases on occasions unconcerned by the attentions of sub machine gun toting guards who poked about his vehicle and prodded him with their guns and almost arresting him for spying. He just talked to them in his own inimitable style using their language. He would end up sharing coffee with them and chewing the cud. His latest languages are some of the Chinese languages and he goes their now, both for pleasure and on medically related exchange trips. My wife can speak Fluent French with a Belgium accent and can converse and write in German, has some Welsh and Arabic. My daughter of 5 years is speaking Welsh as it is the only language used at school here. I think it a gift, to be able to speak in other languages, something that I am absolutely shamefully hopeless at I am afraid to say. I am always impressed by people from Europe, they talk generally other languages than their own and often English too. While we Brits are normally poor, lack interest and have the most deplorable schooling in European Languages imaginable.

I was only pulling your leg about the pie please take no offense! :blush:

Edited by Anthony 1
  • Like 1

Hi picked up my Yeti SE 2wd 110bhp about 3 hours ago what a great car to drive not driven the 110 bhp before so was not sure how much power it would have but for me it is all i want .Sooooo quiet ,engine and lack of road noise is great - agree it will be easy to break speed limit. though. Have several images to post if anyone can tell me how?

Hi picked up my Yeti SE 2wd 110bhp about 3 hours ago what a great car to drive not driven the 110 bhp before so was not sure how much power it would have but for me it is all i want .Sooooo quiet ,engine and lack of road noise is great - agree it will be easy to break speed limit. though. Have several images to post if anyone can tell me how?

Hi itey,

had the same problem with photo's, so I have created a flickr group, feel free to join and you should be able to drop them there and link.

See: My link

Regards,

TP

Itey

Is yours the first CR110 2wd here?

I am told mine is sitting at Sheerness waiting for Skoda to sort out the paperwork. If they don't do it by the 20th then it will be all alone for Christmas. The Christmas shutdown not only affects the factory but also the delivery system.

tom

Hi Sanqhar

Not aware of another yet but am sure some one will tell if they have one! Mine took 8 days to get from port in Germany to the dealer.Not sure how much of that was on a transporter in the uk .Car is brilliant not a rattle squeak or bump out of her.first 90miles is showing me an average of 43 mpg.

Car realy mucky now needs its first clean but as temp is only showing 1c don't think it will get done today

Lets hope you get your pressie from santa in time to enjoy it over the xmas hols.

Can any body tell me should daylight running lights only operate on the front?

Hi Sanqhar

Not aware of another yet but am sure some one will tell if they have one! Mine took 8 days to get from port in Germany to the dealer.Not sure how much of that was on a transporter in the uk .Car is brilliant not a rattle squeak or bump out of her.first 90miles is showing me an average of 43 mpg.

Car realy mucky now needs its first clean but as temp is only showing 1c don't think it will get done today

Lets hope you get your pressie from santa in time to enjoy it over the xmas hols.

Can any body tell me should daylight running lights only operate on the front?

Hi itey,

DRL is part of light assist but if you don,t have this option the only way to find out is to try activate them as I believe the bulbs are there. See handbook but from memory either select on in Maxidot or pull indicate arm toward you and lift up at the same time holding for three seconds. Oh yes fronts only.

Pleased to here all is well with your Snow-Monster and yes they soon get mucky, those daft sports tyres me thinks.

Regards,

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Many thanks to Weaver and The Plumber Have found the control in the Maxidot.now i have to decide if I want them working or not?

When I bought my first car a split screen morris minor 1955 life was so easy there was no choices it either worked or it didn't and if you where lucky the signal arms went out so you could keep your arm dry. But thats progress lol

Thanks for your input

BR :thumbup:

The front DRLs were on when I got mine. No Maxidot on mine so: pull indicator arm, then start engine, then down with the arm for 3 seconds - then lights are off.

I didn't know this! Thanks, I'm sure that will come in useful.

Many thanks to Weaver and The Plumber Have found the control in the Maxidot.now i have to decide if I want them working or not?

When I bought my first car a split screen morris minor 1955 life was so easy there was no choices it either worked or it didn't and if you where lucky the signal arms went out so you could keep your arm dry. But thats progress lol

Thanks for your input

BR :thumbup:

Yes, and when the Lucas fuel pump in the boot stopped working, you knew that you could hit it exactly 17 times to get it working again, and then you'd better buy a spare.

My very first car was a 1956 Morris Oxford - great big thing with room for six people in style, leather bench seats and three speed gear on the steering column. I think it cost me £60 im 1964.

• 2 weeks later...

member name shyfly

model, 140 se 4x4 cappucino,[ showroom model so no waiting for delivery] preferred colur being stormblue

location morecambe

only extras being sparewheel and paint, hopefully will be fitting facelift vrs steeringwheel

Name: killy

Engine:140 bhp Tdi

Model: Elegance 4x4,140 cr, Moscovado Brown, Gobi Leather, Panoramic roof and Columbus Sat nav

Now

Engine: 170 tdi

Model: Elegance 4x4 Black - Black leather, heated screen. Panoramic roof and Park assist.

just fitted mudflaps and roofbars

Edited by killy

member name shyfly

model, 140 se 4x4 cappucino,[ showroom model so no waiting for delivery] preferred colur being stormblue

location morecambe

only extras being sparewheel and paint, hopefully will be fitting facelift vrs steeringwheel

Only vaguely pondered the idea of changing the steering wheel, so would be interested to know what kind of job it is to do?

wakev
first one
1.2tsi se black magic

now
110 4x4 se
black magic
heated screen
off road button
hill hold
heated seats
mud flaps
textile mats

YETI no 3 

A FL

Muscovado

as above 

+auto lights 

cornering fogs 

BT now factory fitted 

Member name: FocusZtec

Engine: 1.8TSi

Model: Elegance 4x4 with 12 Speaker Hifi System,16" Steel Spare Wheel, Columbus Dvd Sat Nav With Tmc, Electric Tilt/slide Panoramic Sunroof, Floor Mats, Metallic - Steel Grey, Park Assist (inc Front/rear Parking Sensors),, Rough Road Pack, Silver Roof Rails, Tyre Pressure Monitor.

Member name: FocusZtec

Engine: 1.8TSi

Model: Elegance 4x4 with 12 Speaker Hifi System,16" Steel Spare Wheel, Columbus Dvd Sat Nav With Tmc, Electric Tilt/slide Panoramic Sunroof, Floor Mats, Metallic - Steel Grey, Park Assist (inc Front/rear Parking Sensors),, Rough Road Pack, Silver Roof Rails, Tyre Pressure Monitor.

You will love Park Assist!

Member Name: Bald Reynard

Car Picked up: 13/1/10 (Ordered 9/10/09) - VAT at 15%

Engine: 2.0 CR Diesel 110hp 4x4

Model: 'S', Corrida Red, with Rear Parking Sensors, 'Off Road' Button, Spare Tyre (& Variable Height Floor) and Rubber Mats (on order !). Tyres - Goodyear Excellence

Regrets: Too early to say - only one possible concern at the moment, now knowing how much luggage space is taken by the spare tyre and consequent raised height floor, I MIGHT have just gone with the Tyre Inflator kit

Surprises: The display indicator showing what gear you're in (with advice on necessary changes) and the car coming with the (Scandanavian-style) Daylight Lights setting 'On' (you can switch it off, but I'm quite happy about this now)

Also: Others are right - my 'S' has body colour mirrors, not black as the brochure says (but not Rear Privacy Glass)

Edited by Bald Reynard

Member Name: Sanqhar

Engine: 2.0 CR 110

Model: SE 2WD, Aqua Blue, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Light Assistant

Collected today, 15/01/2010 (ordered 16/10/2009).

tom

Edited by Sanqhar